Chapter Thirty Nine

The feathered quill was undeniably a Dark magical object. She peaked into the desk, but didn't see any ink. Odd. What did she use instead? There.... There was also someone's magical energy infused with the quill. It was similar to Ominis,' but more sinister and cruel.

Familial and yet a stranger. Someone she knew yet didn't at all. Séraphine knew without a doubt that this quill was suffocating with the Dark Lord's magical energy. He was a relative of Ominis' after all. A cold smile rose to her lips.

This is exactly what she was hoping for.

If she was able to remove the magic from the quill, then she'd have a solid foundation on how the Dark Lord's magic worked...

Professor Sharp had been her mentor, her confrère, and practically her father all in one. He was a brave potioneer who'd died tragically and had been robbed of his mobility and the love of his life. If she could repay him in any shape or form, it would be by her competence.

By developing a potion that worked against the Dark Lord's magic, she'd create a fatale elixir. One that would absolutely destroy the Dark Lord and put an end to all traces of his magic from the Wizarding World.

A Devious Distraction - DRACO POV

Draco rested his cheek on his palm, watching the French Ravenclaw leave the Great Hall with poised determination. He wasn't the only one to notice as Sallow's eyes followed her protectively. Even Ominis appeared to have sensed her departure as a frown crossed his lips. Back to Sallow, Draco subtly realized that he was also wearing a frown, and now staring back at him.

"I appreciate the longing stare, but I'm spoken for." He pointed out callously, stuffing another bite of roasted chicken into his mouth. "We've only got a few minutes before we can start."

The blond haired boy raised an eyebrow, "I wasn't staring longingly. I was more so contemplating why she chose you when there are so many other suitable choices for a Pureblood witch of her stature."

"Don't bother." Ominis reflected, turning his head to the side as a soft laugh emanated from the Ravenclaw Table. Looney Luna was talking about Nargles again. "I've been wondering why for the past seven years."

Sebastian smirked, "I'm a catch."

"We know," Ominis replied without missing a beat, "The sort that's too small and wimpy so we let you go in the hopes you get big and strong one day."

Draco snickered, preferring Ominis' witty remarks over Sallow's thinly veiled death threats. "I'm afraid this one isn't a late bloomer, he's got a bit of goblin in him."

Clang. The fork Sebastian had been using hit the table, "Change of plans, Mummy's boy." Draco bristled at the loud insult which caused many students to turn his way, "Perhaps you'd be far more enjoyable to be around if you weren't constantly worried about dear old mummy being bent over a stair railing with the Dark Lord f-"

CLASH.

THUD.

SHATTER.

The entirety of Slytherin watched as Draco shoved Sebastian against the Slytherin table, his right hand gripping the collar of Sebastian's white shirt. Annoyance grew as he noted the other wizard was a few inches taller than him. Unfair.