Chapter Sixty Three

Without any warning, Anne disappeared from the stone archway. The entire conversation echoed in Séraphine's brain like a nagging sensation. It wasn't until Sebastian spoke up that she realized why everything sounded so familiar.

"She was trying to tell us. I said it was 'Um, a bridge' because this archway does seem like a bridge between time. It wasn't an allusion to Professor Umbridge, it was simply because I hesitated that her and Professor Sharp said 'Um.. a bridge." He ran a hand through his hair, the waves curling around his fingers, "You saying you didn't have much time left... That was in Anne's letter to me in Feldcroft; the first one we came across. This whole time, she was trying to tell us that it happened. We were able to talk to her. This was destined to happen."

Before Séraphine could say anything, a door flew open. She saw the group running, barely escaping the Unforgivable Curses sent towards them as a Death Eater Apparated next to the Jar. Sebastian pushed his emotions to the side, wiping his face furiously as the Death Eater's wand pointed towards them.

"Avada Kedavra!"

The Battle at the Department of Ministries: Part One

As the curse left the Death Eater's wand, Sebastian flicked his wand in an upward direction, causing the Death Eater's arm to aim towards the ceiling. The spell connected with no living object, only shattering one of the clocks hanging from the ceiling. The Death Eater stumbled back, knocking into the jar.

What had touched the jar was a Death Eater. A grown man that appeared to be in relatively healthy shape. What became of the man after touching the jar was a... a... bebe? Séraphine stared at the crying baby on the floor and watched as it shifted from a grown adult and back into a baby in an endless cycle like the hummingbird.

Harry yelled first, "Go! Out that door!"

"It didn't open earlier-" Séraphine began when he cut her off.

"It's our only chance!"

Sebastian glanced wearily towards the door, pointing his wand with an 'if you say so' shrug, "Bombarda Maxima."

The powerful cast of magic made the door explode. Everyone ran out only to let out a yelp, scream, or incredulous shout as they plummeted down. Air rushed passed Séraphine's face as the ground was coming closer and closer. Ominis' wand hit the ground first, sending out a bright light of magic that stopped everyone from hitting the ground with only inches to spare. Once the wand's light died, everyone hit the ground.

"Oof." Ron complained, rubbing his jaw. "Your wand couldn't have given us a gentler landing?"

Hermione glared at him briefly, "If it wasn't for Ominis, we would have broken our necks."

In Harry's hand, he held a glowing blue orb.

Séraphine pointed to it curiously, "Harry. What is that?"

"A prophecy." Hermione began, but her words faded as Harry and Luna walked towards a stone archway that was in the center of the room.

From it, Séraphine could hear...

"Voices." Harry said, a mixture of anxiety and certainty in his voice. "But I can't hear what exactly they're saying."

"There aren't any voices...?" Hermione observed, following him in a hesitant manner. She looked behind her worriedly, "Let's get out of here."