Chapter Nine

He was rambling.

His thoughts were scattered.

Séraphine wanted to reach out and wrap her arms around his neck. Tell him that everything would be alright and she was there for him. But she couldn't. He made his choices and he would deal with the consequences of his actions.

...And maybe when this was all over...

Maybe then they could have another conversation.

About them.

Until then, Sebastian had his work cut out for him to restore her faith. She wasn't going to simply roll over because he realized the error of his ways. Regardless of how much she really...really...wanted to roll under him.

"Goodnight, Sebastian."

He let her leave, wordlessly, but she could feel his stare on her back the entire walk to the gate. She barely heard his soft, 'Goodnight...Séra...phine."

A sTROLL in Hogsmeade

Ominis and Séraphine waited with Sebastian to see him off. The latter wizard was leaning against the wall, currently irked that Catherine was running late with no owl to say she'd be tardy. It at least gave time for Ominis to push every single button of Sebastian's.

He was sitting down on the ground, his knees pulled up and his arms hanging off them. His wand twirling between his fingertips.

"How much do you feel like an arsehole?" Ominis mused, grinning towards his best friend.

Sebastian blinked, sending an accusatory glance towards Séraphine sitting next to him. "You told him? When did you do that? We've been together all morning."

She snorted inwardly, "Blaming me again?"

It was true, he'd woken up early to help her forage in the Greenhouse for lavender. It was mostly so he could keep away the Chinese Chomping Cabbages which were placed right next to the flowers and had a habit of jumping out of their wooden crate.

"It's been-" Ominis checked his imaginary pocket watch, "-Twenty minutes and you've yet to insult her."

Séraphine couldn't help the little grin that spread across her lips as Sebastian rolled his eyes, "Yes. I know. I've been a bloody....what was it...enculé this whole time." He mimicked her French accent, smirking at her bemused expression, "Don't like my French?"

She was interrupted from replying as a familiar Slytherin witch stopped in front of them. Her pale green eyes twinkled with excitement and today she'd placed a few clips in her hair to pull her black hair away from her face. The vain part of Séraphine was dismayed about her being pretty to look at. If only she was as nasty looking as her hidden personality.

"Ah! My new 'charge.'" Sebastian greeted wryly, "I'm told you're in dire need of supplies and I'm to accompany you into Hogsmeade for them. Is this your first foray into the village?"

Catherine nodded, her wavy bob bouncing on her shoulders. She was wearing her Slytherin uniform, but Séraphine didn't remember the skirt being so short. "It is! I'm excited to spend the day with you, I do hope you didn't have plans."

"He did." Ominis piped up, "Annoying the shite out of me is a constant job for him."

Sebastian casted him a bemused smile, "Job? Then are you going to pay me for it?"