Chapter Twenty Seven

"Séra." He warned lowly, hands trailing again to her backside. She silently reveled in this touchy, possessive side of him. "I love you. And that's the reason why our first time together isn't going to be in a broom closet. Now off you go. Get some rest because soon enough, you won't be getting any." He cocked his head to the side, "And I'll escort you in the morning to breakfast with Ominis. If the bloody bastard gets up on time. You know how he is."

Her heart warmed and she smiled, reaching up to press her lips against his. It was a quick, soft kiss. One of many to come. "I love you more. Bonne nuit, 'Bastien."

Sebastian unlocked the broom closet door, the newfound light revealing his warm, tender gaze. "I love you most. Goodnight, ma chérie."

First Day of Seventh Year... Again.

Séraphine ran a hand through her blonde hair that was still dripping wet. She didn't bother styling it much, using the navy blue ribbon she'd luckily kept around her wrist during the time shift to tie it back.

The door opened revealing Sebastian leaning casually against the wall. She looked from side to side, but noticed a missing link in their trio.

"Where's Ominis?"

He gave her a bemused look and pointed to his left cheek. There was a reddening welt on the side of his face that suspiciously looked like a handprint. "He's completely spent. He refused to wake up since he had too much trouble falling asleep with three strangers in the room. I don't think he fell asleep not even three hours ago."

Séraphine raised an eyebrow, "Why were you awake three hours ago?"

There was a book in his hand, one she didn't notice before until he raised it in the air half-heartedly. It appeared to be a history book. "You know I can't sleep when something's on my mind." His voice turned flirty, "Or someone."

Her lips turned upwards in a reluctant smile as he placed his hand on the small of her back as they walked. "Did you find out anything interesting?"

"Loads." He beamed, "Arguably the most evil and ruthless wizard spawned from the Gaunt line in the 1940's. He wreaked havoc through the 1970's and was the most powerful wizard of his time. He disappeared in 1981, but according to a few people I asked; he may be back. Most were too timid to say his name for some reason."

Séraphine shrugged her shoulders, "Perhaps there's a taboo on his name."

"Taboo?" He echoed, slightly confused.

She nodded easily, "The Taboo Curse. Say someone says his name, he or anyone else he empowered will be notified instantly.

"Odd." Confusion and interest swirled together in his eyes, sparking a debate. "Why would someone want to be notified whenever their name was said?"

Another shrug of her shoulders gave him his answer. "It gives his name weight, does it not? It also adds fear. If you say his name, there will be consequences. It sounds as if this ridiculously evil wizard wanted people to fear him like a God of sorts."

"We should ask the Headmaster." Sebastian replied, slowing his pace as they headed towards the Great Hall.

Séraphine was cognizant of the reason as his hand slipped from her back to her left hand. He interlaced their fingers, rubbing his thumb across her knuckles absently. Like it was the most normal thing in the world to do and they'd been doing it for years.