Chapter Fifty Five

"Ah." Her eyes brightened, "I'm intending on creating a potion-an elixir really-that will destroy the Dark Lord and all traces of his magic. An end all potion. I've got most of the ingredients, but I want to add a nasty factor with Acromantula venom. Are you familiar with Armadillo Bile mixture?"

Hermione nodded seriously, "Nasty thing, no? Sold in 12.5 Fl. Oz and the key ingredients are Acromantula Venom and Amortentia."

"What happens if you get it on your skin?"

She didn't need to think, "Unicorn hair."

"Why?"

"Hmm..." Hermione bit her lip, pondering. "I would have to say because of the .09oz of Aconite."

Séraphine squinted, "Aconite? It's a mundane plant, no?"

"It used to be, but in the past hundred years its toxicity has risen immeasurably so. The leaves are very toxic and it's now one of the key ingredients in Wolfsbane and Wideye Potion."

Ah. That's why she couldn't solve it right away. She grinned brilliantly, "Fantastique. Now I need to figure out how to get Acromantula venom."

"Forbidden Forest?"

Séraphine shook her head, shivering. "Absolutely not. But there is a pale blond wizard with access to the Dark Markets... And I need him to buy me venom." Her eyes fell on Hermione with a devilish smirk. "I need your help again. Care to join me?"

After the briefest hesitation, Hermione nodded. Satisfaction blossomed in her heart. Draco was going to be spending a lot of money tonight. And she had a bargaining chip.

The Ice King

Acromantula venom for a bargain sold for 100 galleons at least and only by the pint. If Poppy knew Séraphine was going to be giving money to poachers, the sweet witch probably would have destroyed the campsite and then set her robes on fire.

Hermione was quiet on the way to the Slytherin Dungeons and had a rather curious frown present on her lips. Séraphine wondered if it was something as frivolous as going to see Draco or the anxiety at sneaking into the Slytherin Common Room.

What escaped Hermione's mouth surprised her. "Do you really think I have the wrong perception of Malfoy?"

Séraphine glanced at her sideways, "It matters little not what I think, non?"

"You seem... Close to Draco." She struggled to find the right words, before finally giving up on trying to be polite "I bloody hate these families. Always a fight from different sides of the fence. Muggle-Born views vs. Pureblood supremacism."

A chagrin smile formed on her lips. "That's the way it's been for hundreds of years."

"That kind of thinking is what's cementing those ideas." Hermione grumbled, crossing her arms. It was funny to see her pouting and walking while also trying to appear serious. "If I had been a Pureblood like you or if Draco had been a Muggle-born..."

"Then what?" Séraphine challenged, coyly. "Why does something have to change for the both of you to be together? You care for him."

She spluttered, "I-I said no such thing."