Chapter Twenty Eight

"The boy's death was a tragic accident."

Séraphine's head tilted slightly. "Dear me. If only the practical application of magic could have somehow prevented such a tragic accident."

The Professor glanced between the two of them. Her features stoic and cold. "You have both earned yourself detention today."

"Yeah," Potter scoffed, "Talk to somebody who cares. Voldemort killed Cedric, and you know it."

The Professor grabbed her quill, scribbling down a note on some parchment before sending a copy to Séraphine and Potter. She waved her hand at them both, forcibly making them sit down in their seats with a loud thump. A bit of pain shot through her from being knocked down. Though she didn't let a pained noise escape her, Sebastian saw it in the way her brow furrowed.

His jaw clenched in anger and he stared straight at the Professor. His voice rang loud through the classroom, venom dripping down from his deep voice.

"Did you have to hurt her? You dotty bitch."

An Astonishing Realization

The class was silent, looking between Sebastian who was leaning back in his seat calmly and the Professor who was turning red.

"I understand the both of you are from a different time." Her patience was no longer in existence. Vocal cords strained with barely contained anger. "However, I will not tolerate such blatant disrespect. You both are dismissed from class. Miss Rosier, I will see you in detention later tonight with Mr. Potter."

Sebastian grabbed their things and they both gladly walked out of the classroom. Séraphine reached for her things, but he shook his head once. "Are you alright? Odd I didn't land myself in detention either."

"I'm fine, 'Bastien. I wasn't expecting it is all. What Hogwarts Professor harms a student like that?" She inquired, rubbing her backside. She'd cast a minor healing charm later if it continued to bruise.

He shrugged casually. "One with a death wish. That was the only class we had for the day. Care to spend the rest of the day in the library?"

"La bibliothéque?" Séraphine nodded eagerly, causing flicker of amusement to shine in his eyes, "We have a lot to learn, don't we?"

He smirked, "Sounds daunting. Perhaps we should do something else. Together. With no clothes on."

"Do what? I'm sorry, you'll have to be more specific Mr. Sallow." She flirted back.

Sebastian's smirk turned into a sly grin, when suddenly the Gryffindor from earlier brushed past them in a hurry. He swung open a door ahead on the right, but didn't close it. The sneaky Slytherin casted her a curious look before standing next to the doorway where he couldn't be seen, but he could definitely hear. Séraphine looked him with a chastising frown, but he only nodded for her to join him.

"Is this true? Did you shout at Professor Umbridge?" It was the voice of an older witch, one who was clearly concerned.

"Yeah. But she called me a liar!"

"My dear boy, do use your common sense!" Her voice lowered, enough so that Séraphine had to strain in order to hear her. "Umbridge is reporting directly to Fudge. She is here to...interfere...with Dumbledore. And things could get much worse, trust me." She paused. "Use caution, always, Potter. Do not mess with Dolorus Umbridge, she is dangerous. The Order's hands are tied at Hogwarts, Harry. If you get too deep into trouble, we may not be able to get you out. Do you understand?"