Chapter Thirty Six

"You are injured." Séraphine murmured, kissing his cheek lightly. "Get some rest. I'll stay here until you fall asleep."

It was obvious he wanted to argue, but a somber glare from her quelled his temper. He needed to rest and heal. The sooner that was done, the sooner he could be between her legs. It was an unspoken agreement between them.

Sebastian sighed in disscontempt, but still managed to pull her closer so that she was flush against his body. "I love you, Séra."

"Je t'aime, 'Bastien."

Her words were soft and so were her fingers as she ran them through his hair. She imagined a future with him while she waited for his soft snores to let her know he was asleep. It was a future she was willing to protect, no matter the cost.

Implementing the Order

It was Harry who was the first person to greet her when she arrived back at Hogwarts the following day. He'd sent her an owl asking to meet with her when she was well and out of the hospital. It was the only reason she was back at the castle. Ominis was still with Sebastian as they wanted to keep him for one more day despite his protests that he was fine. It was true she didn't see pain hidden in his eyes, but they wanted him to continue to receive blood replenishing treatments for a little while longer. He would officially be released tomorrow.

She found Harry in a secluded area near the Astronomy tower where at one point it had been a classroom. It seemed that the Divination Classroom had changed locations in the past century.

"Harry?" She climbed up the ladder, looking around curiously. "You wanted to meet with me?"

He held a hand out to her which she graciously refused. Ominis wasn't the only one who preferred not to be touched unless it was by someone she cared for.

"The detention. You were in the hospital." He frowned, pushing his glasses up higher on his nose as he gazed at her, "I thought I heard you were on blood replenishing potions. Are you alright?"

The urgency in his voice made her pause. This was an inclination to his question, but she wasn't sure what he was alluding to.

Her lips formed a frown, eyes downcast in a feigned innocent manner. "A lot of blood was lost. Those potions were necessary."

It wasn't a lie.

"What sort of Professor uses Dark magic on a quill?" He spat out, holding out his arm. She could see faint red lines that were almost healed. 'I MUST NOT TELL LIES' was written in a crude, scrawl-like handwriting.

Séraphine blinked in mild surprise, trying to think of what this meant. If he used a quill on his arm, where did the Dark magic come in? "Do you know why Professor Umbridge was brought to Hogwarts? I'm not from this time as word has travelled and Dumbledore refuses to send us back."

"It's going to be a long conversation. Shall we sit?"

Harry gestured over to some discarded desk in the corner of the room where light barely fluttered in through boarded up windows. Professor Onai kept this room spotless at one point. She could just barely make out the engravings of a little gazelle frolicking with a larger giraffe in the wooden trim that bordered the floors. Soaring above the two animals was what appeared to be an African Fish Eagle. A pang radiated from her heart. Little details that Natty would often stare at with a far off look on her face.