Chapter Sixty Two

Looking full of remorse, the half-giant dropped the Headmaster onto the ground, and backed away in fear of the Centaurs.

"Do something! Tell them I mean no harm!" Umbridge cried out, terrified.

Séraphine smirked, "Non."

Harry nodded in agreement, "We must not tell lies."

The three students watched the headmaster be dragged out into a thick haze, disappearing from sight. Hermione and Harry went to help the half-giant who was picking arrows out of its arm like little slivers.

As for Séraphine, she smiled brightly when she saw two figures Apparating in front of her. It was Sebastian's turn not to hesitate, throwing his arms around his witch and picking her up off the ground in a bone-crushing hug.

She wheezed, "Can't...Breathe...'Bastien."

He grimaced, letting her go. "Sorry, darling. But I missed you."

Séraphine's smile fell back on her lips. As far as dying went- and she'd had a lot of brushes with death as of late- dying from one of Sebastian's hugs didn't sound like a terrible way to go.

The Department of Mysteries

Thankfully they didn't stay in the Forbidden Forest for long. They walked out, passing by Hagrid's hut when Ron, Ginny, Luna, and Ominis appeared from around Hagrid's hut.

"So, how do we get to the Ministry?" Ron inquired, tossing the trio their wands.

Séraphine felt uneasy, "We're going now?"

"I have to. Sirius is in danger." Harry said firmly.

"I'd imagine we should fly." Hermione answered Ron's question.

Harry shook his head, "We've got no brooms."

"And we don't have the potion." She said this to Hermione and Luna, but then Luna handed her a small pouch which undoubtedly held the vials she was referring to, "Oh la vache! Luna, you're brilliant."

She smiled dreamily, "There are other ways to fly." She nodded in the direction of the Forbidden Forest causing Séraphine to sulk immediately. "I mean, they can fly, and they're very good at finding places you need to go."

The witch nodded again towards the edge of the forest where Thestrals were munching on wild grass.

Harry blinked, "What are those?"

"What are what?" Ron looked around, confused.

"There's nothing there, Harry." Even Hermione appeared confused.

Luna's eyebrows scrunched together, "Yes, there is. They're Thestrals. You can't see them unless you've seen someone die."

Ron nodded, amazed. "It's weird not being able to see something everyone else can."

Ominis snorted inwardly, "Yeah, imagine that. How terrible."

"All right then," Harry clapped his hands, "Get on one, and we'll be off."

The red haired wizard raised an eyebrow, "What about those of us who can't see them?"

"I'll show you." Luna said simply and began pairing everyone together.