Chapter Fifty Six

Draco sat back in the seat, crossing his legs, and resting his forearm on the arm of the chair. He all of a sudden looked very tired, pointedly ignoring Hermione. Instead he sent Séraphine a knowing look. One that read, touché. "A drink because I'm sending word to my father I'll be taking 500 galleons out of the Malfoy vault to conduct an illegal trade. And because whenever Granger needs someone to do her dirty work, she sure knows who to go to."

Hermione flinched inwardly, "It'll help the both of us in the long run to win."

Once Theo was gone, Draco stared at Hermione with an empty look. His voice, on the other hand, was scathing. "No, Granger. Because at the end of this, regardless of who wins the war, the Malfoys will be known as the Dark Lord's right hand. Potter will always be known as the Boy-Who-Lived and hopefully does something right for once, and defeats the evil piece of shite. Ron will go down as the Weasel that helped and you will continue to be the Golden girl. So get out of here with your nonsensical words and Gryffindor fucking bullshit. The long run ends with me trying to avoid Azkaban along with Séraphine, Sebastian, and Ominis. You have yet to have a part in any of this as much as we have. Don't come into my life and pretend you know for a second what it's like. But don't worry, I'm at your fucking beck and call whenever you need something illegal." His temper was flaring, about as bad as Sebastian's at times. "Get out of here. Séra, you stay. I have words for you."

Hermione was utterly pale. There were tears in her eyes and she left without another word. Séraphine glanced over. "What was harsh, non?"

Draco's walls dropped. He was completely spent and summoned a handkerchief to try and clean up the blood on his hands, "You heard the Dark Lord's distaste for Muggle Borns. The less she has to do with me, the better." He afforded her a sharp look, "Although having her ask for three bottles of venom which is no doubt for you, was dirty."

"I only needed one." Séraphine replied smugly, "But now I'm getting three all because you couldn't tell her no. I will admit I didn't expect her to use your first name."

His lip curled in bemusement. His voice quieter now.

"Neither did I."

Busted

Séraphine noticed Hermione looking glum in the days and weeks that passed. She wanted to interfere, but then would remembered the time she was willing to leave Sebastian at Hogwarts to face the Dark Lord with Ominis in hopes of sparing him. Look at what good that had done. Draco saw it first hand what happened when your loved ones got involved. The Dark Lord was a master manipulator. He had a knight in his sights and singlehandedly checkmated both Ominis and Séraphine with one move.

And he was well aware of it.

The following day from that night led to Harry teaching the Stunning Charm. She remembered him walking down two rows of students as they studiously looked on.

"The Stunning Spell is one of the most useful ones in your arsenal. It's... It's sort of a Wizard's bread and butter really. So, uh... Come on then Nigel." Harry spun around and picked a random student. "Give it your best shot."

A tiny Gryffindor student stood a ways across from Harry. Nigel had hair redder than the Weasley's which was saying something. He also had a hesitant expression on his face as he stared down the infamous Harry Potter. Sebastian knelt down at his side, whispering conspiratorially with a less than subtle wink at the end. Ominis must have heard because he coughed to hide his laugh.