Chapter 29 Retreat!

Kalina's POV.
........................................
Dawn and Thunder are now five months old, and are nearly as big as there parents! But they won't be fully grown till one year old. And know one can ride them till then either. Thunder had learnt how to blast straight which was good. And Dawn had learnt a really useful trick. She had mastered how to fly with her tail closed in case her tail had a Bola wrapped around it. It was really interesting. Thunder had also learnt how to fly swiftly in and out of trees and through caves and tunnels. Everything that they were learning will come in handy one day.

"Morning Dawn. Morning Thunder. Where's your mother?" It was about seven in the morning and I had walked into the kitchen area and I couldn't see Star.
"She said that she was going for a flight with Dad." They answered in unison.
"Oh, okay." I relaxed a little.
"Kalina. Can we ask you something?" The twins had hopeful eyes.
"Sure!"
"Well, we've noticed that we're the only Night Furies on Berk besides mum and dad. So we wanted to ask, why aren't there any more?"
I sighed. I knew that one day they would ask.
"Well. Before I knew your dad Toothless. I thought that Star was the only Night Fury left. But I was wrong. When I was watching Berk I spotted Toothless. So to cut a long story short, I moved to Berk and your mum and dad got together. And to answer your question. I don't think there are any more Night Furies in the world besides you two and your mum and dad."
"So.....does that mean that us Night Furies are rare?" Thunder asked.
"Very rare." I replied.
"Wait a minute........so technically.......me and my brother have to get together in the end and have babies ourselves!?" Dawn shouted horrified.
"What!?" Thunder sounded shocked.
"No! It doesn't mean that. It means that you either have to search the whole world for another Night Fury partner. Or wait for your mother to have more kids and you partner with one of them when their old enough." I knew that that would sound ten times worse in their minds but I couldn't lie.
"Okay....I guess it's not that bad." Dawn tried to calm herself down.
"And besides. You shouldn't be thinking about any of this until your older." I told them.
"True." Thunder said.
"Now. Let's have some breakfast and then you's can go and play."
"Awesome!" They replied back.

........................................................................Time Skip.................................................................

It was now about lunch time and I was walking up to the Great Hall to have lunch. The gang landed there dragons and followed me up the stairs. Fishlegs as usual was reading. The twins were fighting about which chair they would sit at. Hiccup and Astrid were hand in hand and whispering stuff into each others ears. And Snotlout caught up and we held hands as well.
"How has your day been so far?" He asked me.
"Well I've been down to the forge and helped Gobber with a couple of saddles, and then I did a training session with the twins. And now I'm going to have lunch."
"Well we're all going to have lunch." He chuckled.
"Eww! Gross!" I heard Tuffnut comment. I turned and faced him. He was looking at Hiccup and Astrid and then at me and Snotlout, and then back again. I then got the picture.
"Jealous much!" I snapped him out of his trance. Ruffnut punched him so that he fell over.
"Wait till you have a girlfriend!" She commented sassily before running up to catch up with us. I chuckled before opening the huge doors and walking inside.

.............................................................................Time Skip........................................................................

After lunch I headed outside to get some fresh air. That's when I spotted in the distance a couple of ships. I ran back inside.
"Hiccup! There's some ships on the horrizon." I shouted before running back out again.
Hiccup ran out and whistled for Toothless as I whistled for Star. They landed and we hopped on. The rest of the gang mounted their dragons and followed suit. We flew up high in the clouds and tried to get a good look at the ships. The first thing Hiccup noticed was that there was about thirty ships. And the second thing was that there were dragons on board. That's when I noticed something else that made my heart skip a beat.
"Hiccup. Those are Drago's ships!" I whisper/shouted.
"What?! No no it can't be!" Hiccup yell/whispered.
"Cmon. Let's go back to Berk and get as well prepared as possible." I said as I turned Star.
"Good idea." Everyone else agreed.
We landed back on Berk and Hiccup blew the horn three times. Everyone immediately went ran to there houses or the forge to put armour on and to get there weapons. Star and I flew back to our house and I ran inside and got changed into my armour. I then swapped saddles on Star for her stronger one. The twins suddenly ran in.
"What's going?" They shouted scared.
"There is about to be a war and you two need to go and hid in the cove!" Star ordered them. They didn't argue.
"You ready girl?" I asked her.
"As ready as I'll ever be." She sighed. I mounted on her and we took off into the sky.

..................................................................Time Skip...................................................................

The battle had begun. Drago had brought armoured dragons with him this time and a lot more men. Star kept Plasma blasting and dodging whilst the other dragons did the same. But we were losing that was obvious.
"Kalina! I can't keep this up much longer!" Star screeched.
"I know girl. Hang on I have an idea." I told her before turning her towards Hiccup and Toothless.
"Hiccup! The dragons can't keep this up any longer!" I shouted to him.
"What are you saying?!" He shouted back.
"I'm saying that we should retreat!" Star barrel-rolled to avoid an arrow.
"Berk never retreats!" He shouted annoyed.
"Hiccup! Kalina is right!" Astrid hovered next to me.
"What?!" He was shocked.
"Kalina is right! There are just to many of them! If we don't retreat we will all die!" Astrid sounded scared.
Hiccup thought for a second whilst Toothless dodged some arrows.
"Your right. Tell everyone to retreat to the other side of Berk!" He shouted to us before shooting down to the ground.
"Everyone retreat!" Hiccup shouted down to the Berkians.
"Retreat! Go to the other side of Berk!" I shouted in the Hanger where the elderly ones were.
"Retreat!" Astrid yelled to the dragon riders in the air. Valka flew up to Astrid.
"I could call the Bewilderbeast here!" She shouted.
"No! Hiccup is telling everyone to retreat!" Astrid yelled back before flying away.

Within half and hour all of Berk was on the other side of the island or very near. Hiccup landed a very tired Toothless on the shore. I could tell that Hiccup was really worried and unsure of what to do. Astrid walked over to him.
"You did the right thing Hiccup." She tried to comfort him.
"I hope so." He replied. I walked over.
"Maybe we should call a meeting and decide on what we should do?" I suggested.
"Good idea." He replied before running of to find the rest of the gang.