Chapter 17 Party

Kalina's POV.
.....................................
It's now about five o'clock and I'm getting ready for the party. I didn't have that much to wear. That's when I heard a knock at the door.
"Who is it?" I asked.
"It's Astrid" came the reply.
"Oh, come on in Astrid. You might be able to help me." I said sarcastically.
She came in, and after taking a glance at my wardrobe she said "Well, I just came to tell you that Hiccup wants you to dress in your battle outfit".
"Really! Why?" I asked curiously.
"I'm not really sure, but just do it because that outfit is cool." She said quickly as she walked back towards the door.
"Well, if you insist." I said sighing.
"I insist" is all Astrid said before walking out.
....................................................................................................................................................
1 hour later
Kalina's POV.
................................................................................................................
I was on Star and flying around Berk before the party. Well, the party had already started, but I just felt like a quick flight before entering all the excitement.
"I guess I'd better get in there before they think I'm not coming" I muttered.
"Ok" Star said cheerfully as we headed back to the Meade Hall.
When we landed I dismounted and turned to face Star, "Unfortunately dragons aren't aloud unless called".
"That's okay, I've got a date with Toothless anyway," and at that she was gone.
I watched the disappearing black dot and chuckled, "Teens dating, Dragons dating, what's the world coming too?
"Hey Kalina! You coming in?" Astrids voice interrupted my thoughts.
I smiled "why not?" I replied and we walked in together.

When Astrid and I walked in, their were Vikings everywhere! I could see Gobber playing some sort of musical instrument with some of his mates, and I could also see Hiccup and the gang chatting near the food table. Some Vikings I didn't even know came up and said "hello" or "congratulations" even "welcome".
I turned to Astrid, "I get the ,Hello's, and ,Welcome's, but what's with the Congratulations?"
Astrid chuckled, "you'll find out soon enough, don't worry".
"Hmmm" I muttered under my breath. I walked over in the direction of the gang only to find that Hiccup and Snotlout weren't there anymore.
"Hi guys" I said cheerfully.
"Hi Kalina! Do you like the party?" They asked me in unison.
"Yeah! It's great, I've never had a party thrown in my honour ever before. I replied as I looked around.
Suddenly a plasma blast shot through from one end of the Meade Hall to the other. Everyone went silent. I looked around to see where it had come from, and saw Toothless and Star standing proudly next to Hiccup.
"Everyone! May I have your attention please!" Shouted Hiccup.
"As you know we've had a few interesting things happen these last few days. Such as Dagur The Deranged and his Armada." Hiccup gave a sigh. "But we have also had a Hero, a Saviour, and a fine friend come to our rescue! Mounted upon a Night Fury!" Hiccup emphasised theses words before scanning the crowd and stopping at me.
"I give you Kalina!" And he gestured towards me.
"What?!" I gasped.
Before I could even move, the crowd had picked me up and carried me up to where Hiccup was standing. Once I was standing Hiccup continued his speech.
"Well Kalina! Berk thanks you for saving us in our time of need!" Hiccup and everyone cheered and clapped.
"But!......Berk wishes to ask you something." Hiccup continued.
I glanced at Hiccup before looking at the crowd. I could tell they were full of something.
"Well I ain't gonna stand here forever, so you might as well tell me." I said sarcastically.
The Berkians smiled and then with a shout they all said "Will You Move To Berk For Us!!"
I gasped, "I don't know what to say!"
"I think the best thing to say is ' yes '." Hiccup chuckled.

Oh my goodness! All of Berk basically just asked me if I wanted to stay and live here. I was gobsmacked. Should I say yes, no, yes, no. I looked up and smiled, I was about to say my answer, but my eyes stopped on Snotlout. He smiled back and blushed.
"Yes, I'll stay".
No sooner had I said those words than did everyone cheer and clap. I couldn't get the smile of my face.
"Welcome to Berk" Hiccup said cheerfully before saying "Let the party begin!!"
................................................................................................................................................................
2 hours later.
...........................................................................
Okay....let me just say that the party was awesome! Between chatting, eating, and dancing, yes dancing! I was completely and utterly spent by the end of the 20th song with Snotlout. The first dance I did with Hiccup, as it was a custom for the visitor or new person to dance with the chief. Anyway, it was getting late and I was very tired.
"Hey guys, I think I'll head off to bed now, it's pretty late."
"Yeah I think I'll do the same to" Replied Astrid.

As Astrid and I headed away from the Meade Hall she said "So......what's it like to be part of Berk now?
I glanced at Astrid "It feels cool to have a home and friends again, since I haven't had any since I was 4 years old".
"Sorry to hear that" Astrid said sadly.
"Oh..please don't pity me, I've got to be tough!" I exclaimed sarcastically, "Anyway I've got to go to bed before I collapse!" And at that I left Astrid.