Chapter Sixty-Five

A/N: This is the last chapter before an epilogue that will clear up any info I haven't cleared up. Thank you to all my readers for sticking with me! If there is any questions, please let me know so I can go back and clear them up or clear them up in the epilogue!

>>>>><<<<<

Carter's POV:

I stood frozen as I looked down at the ground and saw Trevor's body, unmoving. It was completely silent. I still had tears running down my face from when Trevor had the gun to my head. I looked at all the people I have come to know and love and just silently wept while hoping they could move on from my death because I thought that was the only option from all of our positioning.

When the sound came back to my ears, I could vaguely remember being pulled into a hug and being kissed all over my head and face and then pulled into a group hug with Kay and Liam. I was still in shock because this was traumatic for me. I could remember being pulled out of the building and thinking that I hoped Liam wouldn't be separated from me into a different vehicle but he got in and pulled me onto his lap and that's where I stayed all the way home while silently crying into his neck until I fell asleep.

>>>>><<<<<

I woke up when I was jostled around and I realized we were home. Liam was talking quietly to Kay and Loki while holding me and I just pretended to be asleep.

"Do you think she will be traumatized from what she saw today?" I heard Kay ask him.

"No, I think all she will want now is a hot bath and some much needed rest. I think she will be relieved that it's all over when she realizes she no longer has to live in fear and looking over her shoulder," Liam said.

"Yeah, it's not like she has never suffered at the hands on that lunatic. She just had never had anyone killed when only inches from her. I say she will be fine," Loki said.

"Yeah, hopefully," I heard Liam say as he walked off with me in his arms. I was still acting like I was asleep when I felt his mouth move down to my ear and muffle, "Wake up, my beautiful girl. I know you're not really asleep."

I woke up acting like I was stretching and moving around and acting like I just realized we were home.

"Oh! We're home! I hear our bathtub calling my name. I really need to soak and get these cuts and scrapes fixed up. Care to join me in the tub?"

"Fuck, yes." he said.

He sat me upright on the bed and told me to stay put while he went into our bathroom. I could hear the water running and smell the jasmine bath salts that I love to use when I'm tense. I began to slowly peel off my clothes, which were disgusting and covered with dirt and blood, mine and others. Liam came back out in nothing but his black combat pants and no shirt which he must have thrown in the laundry bin.

"Hey, I believe that stripping you out of your clothes is my job. I think we will just throw these clothes in the garbage," He said while sliding the shirt over my head very slowly as to not hit any of the injuries on my face. He then move to my pants and removing them since I had no shoes on. I wasn't wearing any when they kidnapped me. When I was in nothing but my cute cotton undergarments, he pulled back to look at me.

"Even when you're injured, you're still the most beautiful person I have ever seen," I blushed at what he said. He patted my butt and pointed to the bathroom and told me to go ahead and he would be in any minute. I walked in to the bathroom and saw all the bubbles and it smelled heavenly in the whole room.