Chapter Fourteen

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to authorMayLynn. Her book, "The Tattooed Devil Wears Chucks" is seriously in my top five of my favorite books I have read on here. It has everything! Smut, mystery, twists, a crime spree and MUCH more! PLEASE, go check it out because it is seriously amazeballs.

>>>>><<<<<

Carter's POV:

I walked in and was immediately sent flying backward into the door. There is pain in both of my shoulders from where large hands have pushed me backwards and are still holding me against the door. I am terrified so I screw my eyes shut tightly and don't even try to see who it is holding me.

"Where have you been, Doll? We have been waiting for our entertainment," his soured breath hits me in my face which tells me two things; one, this isn't my father, it is one of his "friends" and two, everyone in here is already drunk, high or both. He takes his grimy hand and lays it tenderly against my face then rears back and harshly slaps my face. He laughs like it is the funniest thing he has seen all year.

"Ay, Trev! Your bitch is finally home!" He laughs and now I know that it is his friend Cade that is in front of me. Cade used to be a good guy. He is the one that has been around since I was little but he, like my father, has changed drastically over the last couple years. I don't even recognize him. He is stick thin and has sores or scars on his arms and face. "Bring her to the front room!" I hear Trevor yell out.

Cade grabs my arm in an iron grip. I already know there is going to be a bruise. He is almost dragging me behind him since he has longer legs and is walking incredibly fast. He looks like a kid in a candy store because he knows that I am in trouble and he likes to help my father with his "punishments". Cade throws me on the floor and I roll until I stop on my side facing Trevor.

"Where were you? You are very late. I also got a call from the school saying you missed most of the day," he says with a sickening grin. I don't answer because it will just make everything worse. His grin drops when he notices that I closed my eyes to prepare for the slaps, kicks, punches, whatever these guys feel they have to do. "Are you afraid of me?" He asks but he already knows that I am. "Well, since you have gone mute AND don't like to follow the rules, I think we need a punishment, hmm? Go ahead boys." He laughs and sits down in his chair and starts doing something but can't tell what.

Next, everything is painful. I am pulled up by my hair and my arms are held behind my back, but I am still on my knees. The guys all take turns in kicking my stomach and chest. My scalp is on fire, but I try not to scream more. It always makes it worse. There are four guys, Cade, Michael, and two other guys that I don't know the names of. They have never done this before. They are escalating quickly. They keep trading positions. One lets go of my hair and another takes his place. This goes on and on until I am about to black out. Just as I am, the doorbell rings. Thank God. Whoever it is just saved my life.

The guys drop me on the floor and move out of sight from the doorway so whoever it is, won't see me or them. I stopped screaming long ago because I just don't have the energy so the person at the door never even heard me struggling. Trevor gives me a look that says, "make any noise and I will kill you" so I just lay on my left side and watch him disappear into the small foyer as the bell rings again.

"Ah! Liam, my boy! What can I do for you?" Liam is here? Oh no. Why is he here?

"Hi, Mr. Keller. I gave Carter a ride home since it was raining and I was almost home when I noticed she left this in my car. Is she awake or busy?" He is so sweet. I can't believe I forgot about the food for my dad because I now realize that I didn't grab it when I grabbed my bag.