Chapter Thirty-Two

A/N: This Chapter is dedicated to melvauthor! I'm in the process of reading "Back to Willow" and I am loving it! I can't wait for the ending to be released! Go check out the books on Mel's profile!

>>>>><<<<<

Liam's POV:

I wake up on the floor with doctors and nurses surrounding me. It takes me a few minutes to remember what happened before I passed out. I was talking to Lydia when an emergent patient came into the ER. They were busy trying to save their life when I realized it was Carter. When I remembered it, I shot up off the floor and my head started pounding and I got dizzy for a second. I quickly got acclimated and tried to run in the direction of where they took Carter but was held back by someone. I looked down and noticed the hands of a male with dark complexion, I turned around and came face to face with Mr. Mack.

"You can't do anything for her right now, son. You have got to let the doctors do their job and save her. Come on, let's go get some coffee and a snack. I have a feeling we will both be here for a while," he said in a gentle voice with a hint of worry to it. I just nodded my head and we took off towards the cafeteria down the hall.

We each got a coffee and Mr. Mack got a muffin while I just stuck with coffee. My nerves are all over the place which makes me feel like throwing up. We walked over to a small table with two chairs across from each other. We took a seat and sat in silence for a bit before I broke the silence.

"Have you known where she was the whole time?" I asked.

He slowly nodded and spoke, "Yes, she has been staying with Tracy and me. She was part of some accident that left her in bad shape and we didn't want her going home. Tracy was her mother's nurse for years and she always thought of Carter as our own child and would do anything for her."

"What was the accident she was involved in?"

Just when he opened his mouth and was about to answer, someone came running through the front doors that we could see from where we were sitting. I looked over and noticed it was Molly. She had been crying and had a little mascara running down her face. She ran to the front desk and I could barely hear her ask what room Carter was in. They must have told her to wait because she hung her head and headed to the waiting area. I excused myself and walked over to sit beside her.

I didn't say anything. I just waited for her to say something. After a couple of minutes, she whispered something that I didn't catch so I asked her to repeat it.

"This is all my fault," she said in a broken voice. After she said it, a sob broke through and she covered her mouth in an attempt to keep it inside.

"Why do you say it's your fault? What did you do to her?" I asked in an angry tone that made her flinch away from me. It seems that she has become pretty close to Carter, but I still didn't trust her completely. After all, she is still "friends" with Ginny.

"Well, she has been feeling pretty down and isolated now that she is doing school from home. She was tired of being cooped up in bed while recovering but she seemed to light up when I came over even if it was just to bring her schoolwork. I tried to keep her spirits up by painting her nails, trying new hairstyles, face masks and other beauty products. I would also bring her new books to read every week, so she wasn't bored.

"I thought she was feeling better about herself. Today when I went to see her, she seemed off. She was constantly looking down and would wrap her arms around herself protectively. The way she seemed to be acting made me hurt for her because she had yet to find out about Ginny's pregnancy because I knew it was going to destroy her.

"I just kept thinking about it and I guess I made her feel uncomfortable because she looked at me like she was politely waiting for me to leave but then she looked worried. She kept asking what was wrong. She kept asking and I finally just gave in and hesitantly told her about Ginny. I could tell she was shattered but was covering it up with a fake smile. I had to leave shortly after that but by the time I left, she looked like she was feeling a bit better, so I thought nothing about leaving her alone.

"I had only been home for about fifteen minutes when my phone rang and the screen said Tracy. I had gotten close to Tracy through all of this and she would keep me updated on how Carter was doing since her accident. Tracy told me that when she got home, she didn't hear Carter, so she went to check on her. She found her on the floor in the bathroom. Carter had sliced her arms open with a knife and her pulse was very weak. I know she did this because I told her about Ginny. It's all my fault," she said and then started bawling her eyes out.

I reached over and gave her a hug and she cried into my shoulder. I wanted to know everything that has happened, so I asked her to elaborate on this "accident" that I keep hearing about. She took a deep breath and started talking and I listened intently.

Tracy's POV:

I'm sitting next to Carter's bed holding her hand. I feel like a failure. I promised her mother before she died that I would watch out for Carter and treat her as my own. I am so sorry that I didn't watch her as closely as I should have, Carla.

Dr. Allen was the one to attend to Carter and he told me that she lost so much blood that she is now in a temporary coma. The coma can become permanent if she doesn't get a transfusion. The transfusion would help her to heal faster and wake quicker. They told me that our supply of her blood type is gone so we need to find someone with the same blood type to donate directly to her.

I am going to get tested to see if I am a match and so is Scott. I'm going to tell all of her friends to see if they will get tested. It's better to be safe than sorry, as they say.  Molly said she was on her way to the hospital when I called her and I will ask her to get tested. Maybe I can talk to Liam as well if I ever see him again.

I just sit and stare at Carter hoping we find someone soon to donate blood so she can wake up and get back to her life. She looks peaceful while she is sleeping. She used to be very jumpy and even toss and turn at night because of her nightmares/flashbacks. I think she is starting to become less guarded and she is starting to open more. She told me how much she misses Liam and wishes he would just talk to her about whatever came between them.

I'm so lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear the door open and someone come in. I look up and see Molly. She sees Carter and covers her mouth with one hand and wraps the other around her waist like she is trying to protect herself from any more pain. I got up and gently took her in my arms and told her it was all going to be okay. I just held her and started rocking her side to side.

As I was holding Molly, she told me everything that happened and why Carter decided to hurt herself. I kept whispering comforting things to try and get her to calm down. The door opened again and I assumed it was the doctor but when I finally looked up, I saw it was Liam and I saw red.

>>>>><<<<<

A/N: What is your all-time favorite TV show/movie? Mine is "I Love Lucy". I have seen and own every episode. I also collect Lucille Ball items such as purses, dolls, a lamp, a trashcan and a lot of other stuff.