Chapter Eighteen

Chapter dedication: this chapter is dedicated to a writer, and I am including a reader as well! The writer for this chapter is alekseixx because of their amazing books in the "I Am Not a Prostitute" series. The reader is hah-nope because they have been an amazing fan and reader of this book! Thank you!

>>>>><<<<<

Carter's POV:

We got back to the house, and it was empty. Kay had told me on the way back that the boys were all in the hot tub in the back. We went up to a guest room where she told me I could put my things and also where I will sleep. She asked me to follow her to her room and I complied. I was too busy admiring her gray walls with teal accents all around the room to notice that she was throwing something at me until it hit me in the face, which made me giggle.

When I got the material off of my face, I saw that it was a bathing suit, a really tiny bikini. I was a very modest person, so I have never worn a bikini. I'm not the skinniest person but I'm far from obese. It's been years since I have even bought a swimsuit. I guess Kay discovered that and it's why she didn't ask.

"Come on! Let's get dressed and head down to join the others!" We both changed into our swimsuits and Kay had given me a cover up, so I wasn't as exposed while walking through the house. I hope they don't make fun of me or think my body isn't as thin as I think it should be. My nerves are starting to make me panic but before I could, we stepped outside. I saw Sebastian glaring at me but didn't say anything. I didn't see Liam anywhere but before long, I saw him coming out of a smaller building to the side of the backyard.

He was shirtless and beautiful. He had scattered tattoos of all designs, patterns and colors. I wanted to trace every single one of them with my fingers and, dare I say, I wanted to also trace them with my tongue. What the fuck, Carter!? Where did that thought even come from? Don't get me wrong, I am a virgin, but I know about sex and have researched a lot. I have even watched some light, erotic porn. My mom was very open about sex with me and told me everything I needed to know when I started getting my periods because they were so bad, she had to have the doctor put me on mild birth control to help.

Back to the present, Liam was laughing while coming out of the building until he saw me and then, he looked like he became pissed. He was glaring at me, nostrils flaring, and jaw ticking. He then threw his bottle down on the ground and stalked in my direction. He got closer and closer until he grabbed my arm and drug me back inside the kitchen in the house. I was scared to death at how quick things turned. One minute, he was laughing and having a good time but when he saw me, that all changed. What did I mess up now?

He dragged me through the house and up the stairs to a different door I hadn't been in. He opened the door and pulled me through while turning on the lights in the room. I blinked and saw that it must be his room that was made of all dark colors, gray, navy, black and a little white. All the furniture was dark wood and it all looked very classy together.

Liam shut the door and gave me a gentle push to where I was leaning against the door. He very gently grabbed my face and held it like the most precious thing in the world. His forehead was pressed against mine; his eyes were closed, and he was breathing heavily. He was trying to calm himself down and I have no idea why.

"Carter, I'm going to ask you one thing and I want the truth, if you lie, I will be able to tell, okay?" I nod my head yes, so he continues after lifting his head to look at me, "where did you get the bruises on your beautiful face that you tried to cover up?"

Oh, fuck. I totally forgot about the makeup when I was changing into a swimsuit. I must have rubbed some of it off. I just decided to repeat the same thing I told Kay.

"I went to the store last night and on my way home, I was approached by some guys and they mugged me. I'm fine, I promise." I quickly told him. He stared at me for a long time and then leaned his forehead back against mine and let out a frustrated breath through his nose. I have no doubt that he knows I'm lying but I'm thankful that he doesn't push me on it. After a few minutes, he looks at me again and kisses my forehead.

"I know you're lying to me. I will find out who it was but if you ever want to tell me yourself, I will listen and protect you," he says with another kiss to the forehead. After that, he walks back outside while I stand in his room to think. I didn't realize I was so tired and that my...eyes...were...heav......

Liam's POV:

I left my room to walk into Kay's and get some of her makeup wipes. I know where they are because of all the times she has fallen asleep on the couch, and I've had to carry her to her room. One time I didn't clean off her face and she was up my ass like a hair, and she made me sit on her bed and watch her putting on and then taking off her makeup. How girls sit that long and do that shit, I will never understand.

When I grabbed them, I heard her shower running so I thought I should let Kay know I have them in case I forget to bring them back, which happens often. Her shower has a wall that separates it from the view of the door so that if someone comes in while someone else is in the shower, they can't see each other. It works out well in these situations.

I open the door about a foot wide and go to say something but all I hear is moans, groans and curses from behind the wall which means that Loki and Kay found their way to her room. Gross. I'll just tell her later. I leave and make my way back to my room and see the lights are still off but, on my bed, there is a small girl, sleeping peacefully but shivering in the cold air because of the little amount of clothing she is wearing.

I walked to my closet and grabbed a long-sleeved Henley and brought it over to the bed so she could put it on. She never even got in the hot tub, so she doesn't need to change, just slip off her cover-up and slip this over her swimsuit. I decided it would be easier to wake her up than to do this without her permission first.

"Carter, wake up so you can get changed into something more comfortable," I whispered in her ear. She slowly turned over and stretched before sleepily sitting up.

"I'm sorry, Liam!" She tried to get up quickly while mumbling things.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's okay. I brought you a shirt to change into so you could be comfortable and then you can lay back down. Now, the question is, do you want to go to another room or stay here for the night?"

"Um, is it okay if I stay here? I get scared when sleeping in new places sometimes. I can sleep on your couch."

"No, baby. I don't mind you staying here but you can sleep on my bed and I will take the couch," I said but she looked disappointed, "or I can go to the guest room. Just tell me what you need."

"Um, is it okay if you slept in the bed with me? I will stay on my side but I don't want you to go far for some reason". I couldn't even hide my smile.

"Absolutely, baby. I'm going to change into some pajama pants and a shirt and you can change out here. If you need anything, my dresser is over there and you can use anything in it, or I can go grab your bag...if you need it."

"Could you get my bag for me? It has some things I need in it, thank you." I nodded at her and left the room. Who knew that this night was about to be the best night I have ever had.

>>>>><<<<<

Question of the chapter: What style swimsuit is your go-to? I go for anything that has lots of coverage because I am a bigger woman and am pretty modest. :-P