Chapter Thirty-One

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to YOU! Yes, you! Thank you for still being here! Enjoy this chapter!

>>>>><<<<<

Liam's POV:

My mind is officially fucked. I have so much going through my head and no one that I can talk to. I could talk to my dad, but he's been so distraught since the attack, and he doesn't need anything else added on his plate. Same with Kay. On top of the attack, I've got Ginny breathing down my neck about this baby that I'm sure isn't even mine and Carter's father has seemed to have disappeared just like she has.

I'm back at the hospital now for several reasons. I'm here to see how my mom is doing or if she has even woken up. It's been almost a month since the attack and she is still in a coma, but doctors say that we are just waiting for whenever she is ready and that she just has to heal a bit more.

I'm also here because Ginny has a doctor's appointment today for this kid. I don't even remember the night in question but if I was that wasted, I'm sure I couldn't get it up to even have sex with this bitch. Don't get me wrong, I'm no slouch but there is only so much the body can do when trying to even stay upright let alone have sex.

What Ginny doesn't know is that this is my family's hospital and everyone here knows who we are. They will do literally anything for us just to keep their families safe. We don't kill innocents but what they don't know won't hurt them. I'm coming to find which doctor she is seeing and then order him to do a DNA test without her knowing. Illegal as shit? Maybe. Do I care? No.

I get to the front and there is a younger nurse working the desk. I have never seen her here before, but it shouldn't be a problem. I get close to the desk and she glances up from the iPad she is working on and immediately pushes her chest up and out and gives me those fuck-me eyes. Great.

"Hey, I need to get some information," I say in a very non-flirtatious way.

"Suurre," she purrs, "what would you like to know?"

"I need the name of the doctor that is seeing Ginny Baker this afternoon."

"I'm sorry, but I can't give out that information," she says, "at least, not for nothing, handsome," she stands so she slightly leaning over the desk and starts walking her fingers up my chest. I roughly grab her hand and squeeze just tight enough to cause her to wince.

"First of all, don't be a desperate whore and secondly, my name is Liam Knight," I see her eyes widen, "and you're fired. Next time, don't offer your services on my property. I'll find the information my-fucking-self," I say while throwing her hand down in disgust. She gets tears in her eyes and runs towards the locker rooms.

I hate being a dick to women and I usually find a better way to deal with the desperate ones, but I have limited time and I will not tolerate men or women who use their sexuality to get what they want or to take advantage of others, especially not in one of my businesses. I go around the desk and type in my credentials to sign in and type in Ginny's name. Once I get the name of the doctor, I go in search of her.

The computer said that she was working in the clinic next to the ER all day. I walk down and see the lady I was looking for standing in the hall on an iPad. This doctor is really good friends with my mom and also delivered me so I've known her since before I was born and she will do anything I need. I decide to sneak up behind her and scare her like I have always done to her. When I do, she turns around, she looks like she was expecting me.

"Oh, my boy! I have missed you so much! You never come to see me anymore. How's your mama doing, I heard she is in the hospital after an attack?" Fun fact: Lydia actually knows all about the mafia stuff. She comes in to help with injuries sometimes when our doctor is off or is overwhelmed with injured men and women. Her husband was actually part of our men but was killed in a mission where he saved dozens of our men, including my father. He was a great man.

"Well, we aren't sure yet, she is still in a coma," I said.

"Oh, you know she is strong and will pull through. Now, what brings you to see me?"

"I, uh... I need a favor," she raises an eyebrow at me, "a girl is trying to pin a pregnancy on me, but I can't remember ever sleeping with her after the first time a while back. She is saying I am the father, but I have doubts. She won't agree to a DNA test, so I need you to come up with a reason to take her blood and test it against mine to see if it is in fact my baby."

"First of all," she starts smacking me with her iPad all over my upper body, "shame on you for using women! I know your mama taught you better than that, young man! You should be ashamed of yourself! When will you stop?"

"That's the thing, Lyd, I have stopped! I found a girl that I am crazy about and this is going to crush her. I think this girl, Ginny, might have drugged me at the party and either raped me or it didn't happen and this baby is someone else's. I have to figure this out before Carter finds out because this could destroy us completely."

"Well, I am glad you're coming to your senses but still, you should be ashamed of your past behavior. Of course, I will help you out. I will put a rush on it and then email you the results ASAP. When you come in today, I will act like I have no idea who you are. Let's go over to the ER real fast so I can get some blood from you."

I follow her a few doors down and enter a seemingly dead emergency room. There are a few patients that are waiting but otherwise, there is no one here. She leads me over to an open bed and has me sit down while she is getting all of her instruments ready.

"So, tell me about your girl!"

"She is perfect, Lyd. Remember when I was a kid and I had that best friend?"

"The one you were head over heels for?" she smirked at me.

"I was not! I was a kid! I had no idea what that even meant back then. But, yes, that one. Well, it's her. We reconnected after all these years but it's like she doesn't remember who I am or even her own childhood. She remembers certain things but not others. Do you know why that might be?"

"Well, sometimes when something tragic happens, your brain will try and block out whatever that might be and sometimes, it will destroy other memories surrounding that event. Do you know if anything tragic happened right after you left?"

"I know her mom passed away," I said while looking at the floor. So many things are coming together now. I wish I had never left.

"Well, there ya go."

Before she could say anything else, there was a commotion at the doors to the ambulance bay. Paramedics were shouting random things while wheeling in a gurney with someone small on it.

"Seventeen-year-old female, deep, self-inflicted lacerations to the wrists, low BP of 82 over 58 and has been unconscious since we arrived on scene," one paramedic shouts.

The age of the person has me curious since I may know her. I jump off the bed when Lydia is done and she rushes over to help with the new patient. I catch a glimpse of her and freeze. I start hyperventilating because I just saw the love of my life, fighting for hers.

"CARTER," I yell just before I black out.

>>>>><<<<<

A/N: What do you think will happen next? do you believe Liam is Ginny's baby daddy or do you think it is someone else's?