Chapter Sixty-Four

Carter's POV:

I'm frozen in fear. I have never had a gun held to my head before and I have no way to get out of it. I've been looking for any solution to get myself out of this but there is nothing. Not even Liam will be able to get me out because as soon as he goes to shoot Trevor, I know that Trevor will shoot first and I will be dead.

Trevor has my facing Liam and his whole family including, Karin? I thought she was dead. I'm guessing they faked her death. Did Liam know this and lie to me. He could have told me. He could tell me the sky was purple and I would probably believe him. That's how much I love him. As I am standing in front of them, Christian comes running in the building, bleeding from his arm from what looks like a gunshot wound.

"Put the gun down Trevor. She is innocent in all of this. The people you really want to punish are me and Christian," Luke told him. Trevor just laughed and pressed the gun into my temple even harder. I was scared for my life. I didn't want to die. At one point I did, but now, I have too much to live for.

"You have no idea who I want to punish and why. This little bitch right here deserves to be punished along with the rest of you. I fed, clothed and housed her for her whole life and she wasn't even mine. Carla knew the whole time and decided not to tell me until she was on her deathbed. By that time, it was too late for her to be punished so I turned to the next victim which was Carter," Trevor said while squeezing my arm as tight as he could.

>>>>><<<<<

Luke's POV:

I watch as the girl I considered to be a daughter to me and the love of my sons life stood in front of Trevor with tears running down her face. He was using her as a shield. None of us had a clear shot at him unless it went through her first and we weren't going to risk it. Kay disappeared awhile ago and I hope to all fucks given that she hurries her ass up and gets back here. Trevor has brought Carter into this and the people he really wants to punish are me and Christian. I still remember what happened all those years ago.

Christian was just my third in command while Trevor was my second. We had been having problems with our money and drug shipments coming up short for months and Trevor was supposed to be handling it. Christian had come to me with concerns that Trevor was acting strange and nothing was being done about all the missing product. I had also been having the same concerns so I did what any normal boss would do and set up a sting.

We found that Trevor was the one stealing the money and drugs. He was blowing all the money gambling and using the drugs for himself. He was not right in the head due to how much of the drugs he was using. So I did what I had to do and let him go. I should have killed him because once you're in the Mafia, the only way out is death but I should mercy on him since he had a wife and child at home.

I then realized that he had gotten quite a bit of my men to turn against me and go to him. It was pure hell to know who was against me and who was with me. So, we decided the best thing to do would be to go into hiding. Once we cleared out everyone who was against me, or so we thought, we decided to come back home.

Once Trevor heard we were coming back, he thought he would be clever and asked for a position back into the mafia. That's what the very first meeting was about with him at his home. I thought I would pretend I didn't know about everything he did to see if he had cleaned up his act but he proved that he was still as untrustworthy as he always was.

I had no idea that Eric Connell was his right hand. If I had known that, I would have put a bullet in him a long time ago. We decided to faked Karin's death to act like it was throwing us off our game since she is one of our best assassins. It was hard lying to the kids but we had to make it look and feel real and like I had withdrawn completely, leaving the Mafia in Liam's hands. It looked like he wasn't ready and was spending all of his time chasing a girl.

We weren't betting on Max being a traitor and it breaks my heart because he was like a son to me. It is going to break his mother and step-father's hearts when they learn what he did and that we are going to have to kill him. He not only betrayed the mafia but he hurt Carter pretty badly. This is all my fault. I should have killed him all those years ago and none of us would be hurting right now.

>>>>><<<<<

Liam's POV:

I watched as Trevor used Carter as a human shield. I could see bruises on her face and a busted lip from where Max had hit her. I swear when we are done here, Max will pay for every blow he landed on her angelic face. She was crying but trying to be brave. I watched every move that Trevor made but when I caught her eye, she mouthed the words "I love you". She didn't think she was going to make it out of this and to be honest, I wasn't sure any of us would.

I watched every Trevor and held my gun tight in my hand. I was waiting for an opening but her was smart. He was backed into a corner so no one could come up from behind and he was high on drugs so he was hyper-aware of everything happening in front of him. In all honesty, everything was probably going in slow motion for him so we weren't able to surprise him from the front.

He was going on and on about what my family did to him and what Christian had taken away from him. Funny thing is that he never mentions Max so I decided to distract him by talking about him.

"Where does Max fit into this? Isn't he your son? Why go after someone that isn't your daughter when you have a son that you could spend your time with?" I asked.

He shrugged and said, "He was just a means to an end. He was someone I could easily manipulate to be my inside man in case Eric fucked up and as everyone can see, he did because you all caught onto him fairly quickly."

I was about to respond when time seemed to slow down and all of the sudden, Trevor's head exploded. Everybody dropped to the ground, Carter screamed and fell down from the impact and everyone had made sure their weapons were drawn. Once everything was calm, I got up and ran as fast as I could to Carter.

"Baby! Are you hurt? Did anything hit you?"

"I'm f-fine. N-nothing hit me. What was that?"

"That was me," said a voice from behind. We all turned to find Kay with a big ass rifle in her hands. "Everyone, let me introduce you to Lucy. Mine and Loki's newest invention. This baby fires smart bullets that once locked onto a target, they never miss. All I had to do was find Trevor's body through the heat seeing device and lock onto his body and the bullet did the rest. I shot it from the kill next to the warehouse. See, there's the hole in the roof," she said as she pointed at the ceiling showing a bullet hole that was on the trajectory path as Trevor's head.

I have never been more thankful for my sister in my life. She was the smartest, most badass sister anyone could ever ask for. All I could do was pull her into a group hug with me and Carter because I wasn't going to let Carter out of my site for a good while. We ordered our cleanup crew to get to work on all the bodies that littered the warehouse and we all left for home.

I held Carter on my lap the whole way home.

>>>>><<<<< 

A/N: There's only one chapter left before the epilogue! I think I filled in all the holes in the story but if there is something that is still unexplained, let me know and I will either go back and fix it or add it in the last chapter. 

I can't believe Liam and Carter's story is almost over but all good things must come to an end. Thank you all for supporting me!

Comment, Vote, follow or message me! I would love to hear from you!

~~Rory Michelle~~