Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Dedication: This chapter is for Nini3892 because the story, "Wanted" is so fucking amazing. I'm married to a cop and can say that the police jargon used in the book are as close to accurate as I have ever read in a WattPad story. Check it out!

>>>>><<<<<

Carter's POV:

We have been on so many rides that I feel sick. We have done every ride, except for the ferris wheel, at least twice. Liam is now standing in line to get us food while I am trying to find a seat for us. It is packed here, so I keep bumping into people by accident. I was almost to the tables when I bumped into someone else.

"I'm so sorry," I told the gentleman. What I didn't expect was for the guy to grab me around the waist like I was about to fall when I was sturdy on my feet.

"It's okay, beautiful. What is a gorgeous girl like you doing all alone?" he smelled like sour beer and then I realized that this guy has been seen with my father, although he has never seen me.

"I'm not alone, I am here with a friend," I said while I tried to push away from him.

"Not a very good friend if she left you all alone," he said. I was almost startled by a voice behind me but I held my ground.

"HE went to get her some food. Now, if you don't mind, I would like you to let go of my girlfriend," Liam had the most frightening expression on his face. When the guy turned to face him, his face went pale. HA! You're about to get your ass beat, dude!

"I...I...I thought sh-she was l-lying," He stammered while trying to walk backwards. His pussy friends took off in multiple directions.

"Here's what I think," Liam said while walking slowly towards the guy, "you are going to turn around and leave this fair. You will go home and not talk to anyone else or I will personally," and I didn't hear the rest because Liam was now whispering to him but the look on the guy's face almost made me laugh. I can only imagine what Liam just told him to twist his face in horror.

Before long, the guy was running towards the parking lot and Liam was watching him until he was out of sight. He then dropped our food and rushed over to me where he wrapped me in a tight hug and asked if I was okay.

"I'm fine," he grabbed my face in his hands and tilted my head backwards to look in my eyes to see if I was lying. I wasn't because I was fine when he was with me. When he saw that I was fine, he let out a long breath and closed his eyes while laying his forehead against mine. This is why I felt safe with him. He is always my protector.

"I'm sorry. It took longer than expected. Since that asshole ruined our dinner I threw on the ground, how about we go find a restaurant and get some food before we head home?" I giddily clapped my hands together and went to head towards the exit but he stopped me. "Hey, wait. We didn't ride the ferris wheel."

"Yeah, I'm afraid of heights," I said. This is embarrassing. I'm practically an adult and I am still afraid of heights. FML.

"Don't worry, I will hold you extra tight. Come on, please? It's my favorite ride. We can try it once and if you want off, I will ask them to stop. Would that work?" he asks.

"Oh, alright." I don't want him to miss his favorite ride just because I am being a big baby. He has done anything and everything that I have wanted to do, so the least I can do is go on his favorite ride. Bonus is that he said he would hold me but I'm not sure he was serious.

We wait for a while for the ferris wheel and talk about random stuff. He held my hand with interlaced fingers the whole time, which reminds me, "Hey, Liam, Why did you call me your girlfriend earlier when talking to that guy?"

"Oh, that, well..." he is interrupted by the ferris wheel operator telling us we are next. We get on and buckled in securely and next thing I know, we are approaching the top and it scares me.

"Distract me so I don't feel like I need to puke," I said as I grabbed Liam's arm. He grabbed my hands and held them and turned my face towards him to keep me from looking down.

"Well, the reason I called you my girlfriend earlier is because I want you to be. Please, Carter, please be my girlfriend?" I am speechless. There's no way he likes me.

"Yes."

"Thank you, Jesus. Can I kiss you?" I didn't trust my voice so I just nodded at him and he grabbed my face with both hands and kissed me. It was passionate but gentle at the same time. He ran his tongue along the seam of my lips and I gladly welcomed it in. When we pulled away for air, I realized we were at the top and the wheel had stopped. Looking at everything now, It is all so beautiful and I'm not even scared of how high up we are.

"This is gorgeous. It takes my breath away."

"You certainly are and most definitely do," he breathed out. I turned my head to see him looking at me so I leaned over and connected my lips with his in a short, sweet kiss.

"I am so glad that didn't backfire," he said, making me look at him with confusion, "I paid extra for the operator to stop it for me at the top but it was before I knew you were afraid of heights. I was just hoping it would turn out okay but it turned out better."

"Yeah, it did," I said with a smile.

Liam's POV:

She said yes. Oh my god. I am the happiest person alive right now. I thought I had ruined it when that dickhead had a hold of her and I saw red. I saw that she was trying to fight back but didn't know how. That's the very next thing I do for her. I am going to teach her self-defense. She needs to know how to defend herself when I am not around.

We get off the ferris wheel and head for a little cafe not too far away and grab something to eat. We quickly ate and left since Carter looked dead on her feet. When we get to my house, I lead her to her room and turn to see her looking at her feet. "What's wrong, Babygirl?"

"Can I sleep in your room again? You make me feel safe..."

"Of course, Baby. You never need to ask. Let's go." I reach down and grab her hand and lead her to the bedroom. "You can get changed out here and I will change in the closet. I'll knock before coming out," she looks unsure of what to say, still. "What is it, Baby?"

"Can I borrow some of your clothes? They're more comfortable..." she asked.

"Of course you can, Car," I walk into my closet and get a shirt and some of Kay's joggers that got mixed up in my laundry and forgot to take to her.

After handing her the clothes, I walk into my closet and change into my own pair of joggers and no shirt. When I am able to walk in the bedroom, I notice that Carter is only wearing my shirt and no pants. My eyes widen and I know that tonight is going to be great.

>>>>><<<<<

Question: What was your best and/or worst dates?