Chapter Fifty-Nine

Liam's POV:

It's been two days since Carter has disappeared and we are no closer to finding her location or who the second spy is. We haven't seen Eric since the kidnapping and we have figured that he knows we are on to him thanks to whoever the other traitor is. The only person I can trust is Bash and my father. Both of them have been by my side day and night to help me find Carter.

I have my suspicions on who the traitor is but I'm waiting on them to mess up because eventually they will. I have Loki and Kay both working on the camera equipment to see if they can recover any of the footage of when Carter entered the kitchen but so far they haven't had any luck. Right now it is 2 am and I am sitting in my room, drinking a whiskey and looking out the window. I have become a recluse since she was taken. I don't even really sleep anymore.

As I was looking out into the woods behind our house, I hear my door open and in comes my mother. We haven't really talked since the last time when I found out she was alive. She was going to come clean with everyone else as soon as Eric was out of the picture but then we got wind of another traitor and since we don't want Trevor to find out she is alive, it's still just my dad and I that know she is alive.

It makes me feel like shit. My dad was able to keep my mom safe but I wasn't able to keep Carter safe and she was in the same house as me when she was taken. As soon as I find the traitor, I will torture him until I know where Carter is. If I find her first, then she will decide the traitor's fate.

"Sweetheart, you need to get some sleep and stop drinking. It's going to do you no good if you're drunk and sleep deprived. You will never find her that way," my mom said as she laid her hand on my shoulder.

"I can't sleep and the only think that is keeping my calm is drinking and being alone to think. I don't know where I went wrong and why someone would betray me to help that bastard get her. I just don't know what to do next, mom." I broke down into tears in front of my mom. I've never cried like this in front of my mother and if I have, it's been years.

Just as I was getting myself under control, my phone dinged with a message from Loki telling me to come to his room as soon as possible because he had recovered some of the video and he had something I needed to see. I excused myself from my mother and ran to his room and barged in without knocking.

Loki's room was simple until you came to his work station. He had one of the largest room in the mansion because he had every type of technology imaginable. That is where we waste no expense. H and Kay have top of the line equipment because no matter what we do or need, technology has something to do with it. He can tap into any camera in the city whether public or privately owned and he can scan license plates which make things really easy sometimes.

I was not prepared this time for what Loki was about to show me.

>>>>><<<<<

Carter's POV:

There is a pounding feeling behind my eyelids before I can even open them. Great, a migraine. What did I do to make me get a migraine? I get them every now and then but it's usually if I drink too many things with caffeine or if I'm getting sick. I must be getting sick because I've had nothing but water here lately.

I slowly open my eyes and the pounding seems to get worse. I close and open my eyes a few time trying to get my bearings and I realize I can't get my eyes to adjust because it is dark wherever I am. The back of my head is aching and that's where the pounding seems to be coming from. Did I hit my head? I went to reach up and feel where my head was hurting but couldn't move my hands or my feet. I was tied down to what I figured was a chair.

I close my eyes and try to think of what happened and that's when I start to remember everything that happened. Liam was brought home in bad shape from the mission, I passed out and when I woke up, I went to see him in his room. When he woke up I decided to get him a change of clothes and get us something to eat. What happened then? Oh, yes, Eric was there and someone hit me in the back of the head. That when I remembered that I saw who the traitor was.

Just as I remembered all of what transpired, a light came on and illuminated the room. I was in a room that seem to have no windows and one door. I was sitting in a metal chair and was tied down to the arms and legs by chain. In the corner of the room there was a single dirty mattress and and old toilet in the other corner. Well, at least if they unchain me, I have some basic necessities, if you could call it that.

The locks on the door start to open and the big metal door is then pushed in towards me. On the other side enters Trevor and Eric. I show no fear on my face. I know they are here to either manipulate me into telling them Liam's plans, to torture me or both. Too bad for them, I don't know anything about Liam's plans.

"Ah, my loving daughter. I have missed you, sweetheart," he said with a sinister laugh. I didn't show any emotion even though he makes me sick. I could have said something but I decided to keep my mouth shut. I know it's only a matter of time before Liam figures out where I am.

"What's wrong, buttercup? Not happy to see your daddy? I've missed having my little maid around. While you've been whoring yourself out, I've been suffering all alone," he laughs again and he is starting to sound a little deranged. I realized he is either drunk or he has done some type of drugs.

"Speak! You ungrateful bitch!" With that, he slaps me so hard that my chair tips over and lands on it's side. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hurt the little bitch? Well if you don't want to talk to me, maybe you will talk to someone who you thought was your friend."

Eric left the room and returned a few seconds later with Max in tow. I was pissed but, again, I didn't show any emotion. I thought Max was my friend. I thought he would try anything to keep me safe like any of Liam's other friends. When Liam finds out Max is the traitor, he is going to kill him.

"Awe, don't look so sad, Carter. Max will take good care of you. Have fun, son!" With that, Trevor and Eric left us alone in the room. Max just had a cold stare on his face until he gave me an evil smile.

"Let's have some fun, shall we?"

>>>>><<<<<

A/N:  Who knew it was Max? Why do you think Max would betray Liam and Carter? 

There are only a few chapters left of LLOT!

Check out my other story, The Lines of Truth! I will be working on it exclusively after I finish this story! Thank you for reading!

Vote, Comment, Share or Message Me!