Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Dedication goes out to @Toxiic_Lay because I love "Stuck in Hell with My Enemy"! Check it out!

>>>>><<<<<

Liam's POV:

I went home and showered before heading to the hospital CCU. Mama pulled through the surgery and now she is in a medically induced coma. She was shot in the arm, chest and side. She bled so much that it put her body in shock and her brain started to swell. They put her into a coma to see if the swelling will go down.

I felt guilty about what I've said and done to Carter. I tried going by her house but there was no answer at the door. Not sure why I feel so guilty. It was her father that attacked and it was her who was a spy since he had no idea where we lived. The only explanation is that she led him to us while she was at school. I really believed her story about abuse and all of that shit. Whatever, I have other things to worry about.

I walk down the hall and see a familiar face sitting outside one of the rooms down from my mom's. Molly, I think is her name, one of Ginny's friends. Speaking of Ginny, that is going to be a huge mess I have to clean up. I should have never gone to that party but only one person could stay with Mama and dad was the obvious choice. I decided to drink my troubles away at Ginny's party.

When Bash told me that we had proof it was Carter's father, I saw red. I love her so much but she betrayed me and my family. If it were anyone else, I would have killed them right then and there. I couldn't do that to her.

I went in and saw my mama for a bit and my father was asleep on the small cot they brought him. I decided to go get him some coffee from the little Starbucks they have in the cafe and something to eat. Once I get down there, I see Molly by herself at a table in the corner looking out the window and drying tears with a napkin. I decided to go check on her since my father was still sleeping.

"Hey, Molly, right?" she nodded her head and quickly dried her face. "Are you okay? I saw you up in CCU earlier and noticed you were all alone."

"Oh, yes, I'm fine," She sniffles. "It's just been a long day already."

"Who are you here for?"

"Ummmm... My grandmother," lie, "she fell late last night while I was at the party, so I came here directly from the party." She is lying and I don't know why. "Who are you here for?"

"My mother. She was mugged yesterday and was shot and now, she is in a coma."

She gasped and told me she was sorry but was shortly taken away by a nurse saying they had some questions. I watched her until she disappeared, trying to figure out why she was lying and who was really in that room. I know just who I need to talk to.

Molly's POV:

I followed the nurse to Carter's room while she asked me questions and let me know her condition.

"She has a fractured ankle, three bruised ribs, a broken wrist, a concussion, and multiple bruises all over her body. All of the injuries were consistent with a fall down the stairs. Do you know how to get a hold of any parents or guardians?"

"Ummm... no I don't. I will try to find her phone and call her dad."

"Okay. There are some things we need to discuss about her medical history. Do you know if she is allergic to anything?" she asked and I felt completely helpless because I knew almost nothing about Carter.

"No, I will try to get a hold of someone who may know. Is it okay if I stay with her until her father gets here? I don't want her to be alone."

Of course, dear. There is a chair right over there and the remote for the tv is connected to the pager. If you need anything or if she wakes up, please page the nurse's station. She may be out for a while since she just got some morphine for the pain," she said everything with a kind smile and it made me feel good about Carter being here and taken care of.

After she left, I sat down and looked at Carter. She really was beautiful. I was exhausted so I decided to take a little nap before Carter woke up.

Liam's POV:

I walked into my mother's room to find her still asleep and Dad and Kay talking quietly amongst themselves. My mom still was pale but looked beautiful, nonetheless. I sat and talked for a bit until I couldn't wait any longer. I asked Kay if she would accompany me to the gift shop and she readily agreed. We walked down the hall until we got to an empty room that looked to be a conference room. Perfect.

I walked in and immediately launched into what I needed to say, "I need you to hack into hospital records and see who is in room 224CCU."

She gave me a look that said she thought I was crazy and said she would be back. She left and returned about five minutes later with her laptop. She sat down at the table while I walked over to the floor to ceiling windows and looked outside at the people. There was a small playground where kids were playing and laughing, moms sat on benches and were either watching their kids closely or talking to other moms. The world looked so happy and his mom was okay, so why wasn't he happy?

His mind drifted to Carter. She was the love of his life and he had no idea how to feel about the whole situation right now. Does he shut her out completely or does he forgive her. Does he apologize or make her beg him for forgiveness? Does he forbid Kay from seeing her or does he let her make her own decision on this matter? It was all so confusing to him.

"Oh my god," Kay said, bringing him out of his daydreaming.

"What?"

"I found out who was in the room."

"Who?"

"Carter Keller," she said and when she looked up, I saw a tear fall from her eye, "but she has extensive injuries."

"Extensive injuries? From what?" I started pacing.

"It says she was found at the bottom of her stairs at home and was found by Molly Abbott early this morning around 4 am."

Kay was full on sobbing by the end of it, but I didn't even realize because I was pissed that I was so angry, that I let her go back home. Maybe she was suicidal and threw herself down the stairs. No, no way. Maybe it really is her father who is an abusive fucker and he pushed her down the stairs? My head is starting to hurt.

I ran out of the room so fast and all the way down to her room but when I opened the door, there was no one in there. I was confused. I turned to go find some help but wound up running into the nurse that helped us earlier that Carter knew.

"Hi, could you tell me where they took Carter Keller?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, young man, but Carter was discharged and her father took her home," she didn't wait for a reply as she went around me and started changing the bedding.

I knew one thing for sure and that was that the nurse was lying to me.

>>>>><<<<<

Question: Have you ever had an enemy that turned out to be a good friend? I have and she is still an amazing friend to this day!