Chapter Seven

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to author xrk07x as any stories they have written, and I have read, have been fantastic! Go check out their books!

I also want to thank all of those who have already read, voted and/or commented on this book! It blew up yesterday and I am so thankful that you all are enjoying it! I try and reply back to y'all's comments, but I HATE how the notifications come in because I tend to miss some! If you have any questions or comments that I do not respond to, feel free to comment again or message me! Now, on to Chapter Seven!!

>>>>><<<<<

Carter's POV

    After finishing up downstairs, I wasn't all that hungry. I decided to change into more comfortable clothes and start another sketch. I love to draw and sing but no one knows that. I only do those things in my room or in art class. I draw without having anything in mind to see what my mind can come up with. No one bothers me in my room so it's like my little escape. Imagine my surprise when I hear someone knock on my door and I look up to find Liam standing in the open doorway.   

    "Liam?" I quickly shut my book, take my headphones off and stand up quickly. "What are you doing here? Did you need something else?" He didn't say anything, it was like he was in a trance. I looked down and realized he was staring at my exposed legs and arms.

    He slowly walked towards and reached out and touched the slight discoloration on my arm from when my dad grabbed me twice today. I wince slightly then pull my arms behind my back to hide them from his eyes. He cleared his throat and stepped away from me to give me space.

"What were you drawing?" he asked in a rough sounding voice

"Oh, I don't ever have anything in mind, I just let my hand and brain take over. Sometimes, I don't even know what it is until I am finished drawing."    

"Cool," he says while looking around my room. "So, if you don't mind me asking, where were you at school after lunch? Kay and I were looking for you and never saw you again."

"Oh, I wasn't feeling well so I left early in order to come home and lay down before getting everything ready for dinner tonight. I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that you or your sister were looking for me. I will apologize to her tomorrow." He doesn't need to know that I cried myself out in the bathroom until the end of the day. He also doesn't need to know what I saw and heard. His business is his business. I need to get over my little crush.    

He just nodded his head while still looking around my room. My room is nothing special. I have a twin-size bed, a small dresser, a small desk and chair in the corner, and a small bathroom connected to it. I'm so glad I have a bathroom in my room so that when my dad is in one of his moods, I can just lock my door and stay in here all day.

"Where do our dads think you are?" I asked him. There is no way that my father allowed him to come up to my room.    

"I asked your father if I could use the restroom and he told me I had to come up here to this one since the downstairs bathroom is broken, but I just wanted to check on you and see if you're okay," he said when I finally turned to look at me.

"Shit, I keep forgetting to get that fixed," I whispered out. I don't think he heard me, though, since he didn't say anything to me. Or he was just ignoring that comment. I don't want him to know that I am the sole supporter in the house. I don't want pity. I'm fine.

"So why are you up here and not downstairs with us? I know you don't have homework since you went home early."

"Oh, I'm still not feeling well so I told my dad that I had homework. I didn't want him to worry about me when I know I will be fine by tomorrow. It's just a headache." I do have a headache, but it was from hitting my head on a chair when my dad pushed me down earlier. He doesn't need to know that. Liam slightly furrowed his eyebrows like he wasn't believing the bullshit coming out of my mouth, but he nodded anyway showing he understood.

"Liam, let's go!" I heard his father yell downstairs.

"Well, I guess I will see you tomorrow. Night, Carter," he gave me a small smile and turned to leave the room. He glanced back one more time before leaving and shutting the door behind him. After I locked my door, I crawled into bed and fell asleep with those beautiful hazel eyes in my dreams.

Liam's POV

    Something is weird in that house. Her behavior makes me think she is in danger. I still know nothing about her, but I feel so protective over her. I'm lost in thought in the car on the way home when my dad's voice brings me back.

    "What do you think of Trevor?" he asked.

    "He doesn't seem like someone you would be friends with. I also sensed some weird tension in their house. I can't put my finger on it," I point out. My dad sighs and runs a hand through his thinning hair. He looks a lot older when he is stressed.

    "He is a lot different, that's for sure," he sighed and shook his head.

    "Why did you tell him that the firm didn't have any openings? I heard you tell mom that you still had some."

    "I didn't get a good feeling from him. He has changed. He's not the same man I knew. I'm also sure he is an alcoholic. He drank a lot tonight. He also never talked about Carter at all. I wouldn't have even known she existed if I hadn't seen her."

    "Yeah, I met her at school. Kay and I thought she was mute for a while because she didn't talk to anyone else. We also got grouped together for a project so you may be seeing her around the house. Kay is determined to make her, her new best friend," I said chuckling.

    "She really was a beautiful girl," he said while glancing at me then back to the road, "Your mother would love to see her. I also saw the way your eyes lit up when she walked in the room."

    "What are you getting at?" I know where this was going. As much as I wanted this girl, I would just hurt her somehow. I am not someone who can commit and I have a dangerous lifestyle. She needs, no, she deserves someone who can commit and give her the world. I can only do one of those things right now.

    "She could be the girl to change your player ways."

    "Dad, that girl deserves someone who can commit and won't hurt her. She's got everything going for her. She is beautiful, smart, and creative. Sure, she is shy, but it makes her mysterious in a way. She deserves the world and to be treated like the queen she is," I run a hand through my hair out of frustration. I look at my dad to see he has a smug ass smirk on his face. "Why does your face look like that?"

    "Like what?" He asks like he's trying to be innocent.

    "You know, 'like what'"

    "Okay, okay, you caught me. I just heard you call her beautiful when you usually describe girls as 'sexy as fuck'. I just feel like you're getting older and maybe you should think about it. Your mother changed me and she was just as shy as Carter. Just give it time."

    I could never imagine my mother being shy. I love these talks with my dad. He may be heartless when it comes to mafia business but when it comes to family, I could never ask for a better role model. Sometimes, he will just come into our rooms to just sit and talk to Kay and me. I would never trade him for anyone else.

    I'm exhausted by the time I get home. All I have the energy for is to strip down to my boxers and climb into bed with a certain girl in my dreams.

>>>>><<<<<

A/N: There is chapter seven! What do you all think of the length of the chapters? I don't want them too short, but I still want to include as much detail as possible.

Fun Fact: I used to be a professional singer and dancer before getting married and having kids! That is where Carter's Love for singing comes from! Sadly, I cannot draw like her!

I am hoping to post more today as long as my son lets me! ;-)