Chapter Sixty-Two

A/N: This chapter is a little shorter than the others but explains several things. There is only a chapter or two left before the epilogue! Don't forget to vote, comment, share and/or follow me for updates! Check out my other book Lines of Truth! Thank you for all of your support!

Carter's POV:

I looked around the space that I was in and groaned. I had just woken up from being knocked out by Max. He kept saying he didn't want to hurt me but that was a lie. I know that he doesn't care just like my supposed "father" upstairs doesn't care. How do I know I'm downstairs? Well, one wall is made of the Earth. I could only tell when they turned on the light.

I looked down and saw that I had blood covering the top of my shirt. Mac hit me and slapped me numerous times that I stopped counting. I do know that I have a busted lip, swollen left eye and my head is killing me where he knocked me out. I would be freaking out but I have been through worse. As long as Trevor stays away from me, I will be fine.

As if he could hear my thoughts, the door slid open and Trevor appeared in my eyesight. I showed no emotion because men or even women like him thrive off of emotions. I knew it would only be a matter of time until Max fucked up and Liam caught him to get the location from him. Liam was way smarter than Max was. Trevor wore a sneer on his face when he looked at me and then started to laugh at my expense.

"He did a number on you didn't he? Stupid little shit. If he wasn't my boy, I'd do away with him. You were always the more patient child and did everything I asked," he said while stroking my cheek. I pulled away and spit at his face and he backhanded me on my right side. "Well, I'm sure you have questions and I will be glad to answer them until lover boy shows up in a few days or so. He will eventually catch on to Max and then he will be on to us. So, what questions do you have for me?" I wracked my brain and found that I did have several questions for him.

"Why? Why keep me in your house even after you found out I wasn't your biological child? Just wanted a servant?" I asked in a gruff voice from not having water in days.

"When I first found out you weren't mine, I was devastated. First, my son was taken from me and kept away until I could see him in secret and then I found out my wife was a cheating whore. By that time, Liam's father had basically kicked me out of the mafia and I saw you as an opportunity to get back at his heir. I saw how you and Liam were with each other and knew that when they returned, I would be ready to hit the newest leader where it hurt."

"Why did you stop coming to see mom at the hospital in her last days?"

He laughed, "because I was no longer in love with her. I had just lost everything when Luke fired me. He didn't kill me because he knew I had a family at home. Little did he know that my family wasn't actually mine," he sneered.

"How did you find out I wasn't biologically yours?"

"Your mother told me when she first got sick. She said she didn't want to die with that secret. I guess she thought it wouldn't matter and I would continue treating you like you were my own but I just couldn't do it. She was the love of my life and she betrayed me. All the women I've ever loved, have betrayed me."

"Where does Ginny come into this? Why was she always at the house?" he paused, obviously not expecting me to ask that question.

"Ah, Ginny. She first came by to check on you and one thing led to another and she seduced me. I didn't see anything wrong with it since your mother cheated on me and she was about to die anyway. I took what I wanted and didn't really care how it affected everyone around me. And before you ask, no her bastard child is not mine. You would be a fool to think that she was only sleeping with me. She's a slut," he said in disgust. This coming from a first class pedophile.

He reached into his packet and pulled out some kind of bag with white stuff in it and poured some on the back of his hand and then snorted it up his nose. I was absolutely appalled. He was sitting here snorting what I could only assume was cocaine while I was tied up and couldn't get out. He held out the bag towards me in offering and I looked at him in disgust and turned my head away from him.

"Why did you involve Max? Why couldn't you just leave him be and let him have a normal life? You have literally ruined every life you have touched with your grimy hands!" That earned me another slap to the swollen side of my face and it brought tears to me eyes while making me slightly dizzy.

"Because he is mine to do as I please! He's the only family I have left! He was my way into The Knight Mafia. I've kept tabs on them all these years. The first meeting where they came to our house was all a ruse. I knew they would never give me another chance but I had to make it seem like I was a better guy than I was before. I knew as soon as Liam saw you again, you would be right back in his arms and my plan could take effect."

"You realize that Liam is going to kill Max once he figures out that he is a traitor, don't you? Do you care at all that you will lose your son?" I asked in curiosity.

"Eh, he served his purpose," he said with a shrug. I was appalled.

"So you're just going to give up on him just like you gave up on me and my mother? Even when it wasn't my fault that I wasn't yours?"

"Yes. Believe me, I could have helped your mother stay alive but I quit paying for her treatments and she went downhill after that. She got what she deserved!" He yelled at me. I saw red. I was pissed that he had the chance to save my mother and he just gave up on her and let me go there everyday knowing that one day I would probably find her dead. He's more of a heartless monster than I realized.

"How the fuck could you do that?! I was a fucking kid! You knew that she was going downhill and that she would die. Why would you let a child that you raised be there when you knew that? You're the most heartless bastard I have ever met and I hope that Liam tortures you until you beg for death!" I yelled. It was when his fist came flying at me that I realized I made a mistake. He hit me so hard that all I saw was darkness.

>>>>><<<<<

I woke up again to what I guess was hours later. Everything was hazy and blurry. I could hear a commotion from outside the door and when I looked up, I saw Trevor storming into the room and cutting my ropes. I was confused as to what was going on until he spoke.

"Looks like lover boy is here early. Guess Max fucked up faster than I thought," he said while standing me up on my feet.

Finally, Liam is here and we can get the fuck out of this whole fucked up ordeal.