Chapter Sixty-Three

Liam's POV:

As soon as the words left Max's mouth, I was out of there and headed to the SUVs. I rounded up every man that I had and headed to the warehouse. We didn't have a plan except to ambush them. From what Max eventually told Bash, they weren't expecting us to show up this early. I guess they think I'm stupid.

Loki, Kay, my father and mother are all in the car with me and they are all suiting up with their armor and their weapons. When I said every man available, I meant it. Kay was upset when she learned our mother was still alive and I'm sure she is still holding a grudge but knowing her, she won't discuss it until her best friend was rescued and this was put to an end.

Loki was destroyed when he learned of Max's betrayal. Out of all of us, they were the closest to each other. They both had similar backgrounds when it came to family. Or so we thought. None of us were expecting that Trevor was Max's biological father.

It was about a thirty minute drive to the warehouse. I have to hand it to them, I would have never thought to look in my own territory for Carter. We had just acquired this warehouse a few months ago and I hadn't had time to do anything with it since we got it since we have been dealing with the Trevor situation. Max, knowing this, must have directed them to it knowing that I wouldn't be coming around for awhile. Basically, Max fucked us over big time.

I couldn't sit still. I didn't know what to expect. Was Carter okay? Did they hurt her? Max had admitted to slapping her around a few times and that's how the blood got on his shirt but I didn't know if that meant she was incapacitated or he really did just slap her a few times. It could mean anything.

I was sitting in the seat looking out the window and mentally trying to prepare myself for what we were going to encounter when we get there when I felt a hand lay on my knee which I hadn't realized I was bouncing until now.

"She will be okay, son. She is so strong and smart. She won't do anything that will put her in more danger," my mother said.

"I just don't know what I will do if I lose her mom. I can't lose her again. I already lost her once and finally got her back," I said while tears fell down my face. I wasn't going to hold back my emotions. I was emotionally drained and couldn't find it within myself to care that I was showing so much vulnerability. My mom pulled me into a tight hug and I just cried on her shoulder until Loki said that we were almost there.

>>>>><<<<<

We parked about a half a mile away from the warehouse just so we had the element of surprise on them. We waited until all men were unloaded from the vans and all huddled around me and Bash. My father hadn't officially handed the mafia over to me yet but the men were already recognizing me as the new leader and Bash as my second. Bash was as antsy as I was. This was his sister we were rescuing. He had just come around to the idea of having a sister he could love when she was taken.

"Listen up! I know all of you know Carter and have a connection with her since she is your new mafia queen. She has been kidnapped and is being held in the newest warehouse we have acquired by her step-father Trevor Keller. A lot of you were around when Trevor was apart of this family until he betrayed us by trying to take over from my father. We do not stand for traitors.

"Tonight, this all ends. He tried to take our mafia but didn't succeed. He tried to kill my mother but as you can see, he did not succeed. Now he has taken your mafia queen to kill her and get to me but we will not let him succeed! You may see some of your brothers in there that have jumped onto Trevor's ship but you cannot let that stop you from completing this mission.

"If you come across one of their men, shoot to kill. Every man that Trevor has on his side must die. I will be going straight in to find Carter. Trevor is mine! He will most likely have Carter within reach so make no sudden movements or he could kill her. He is waiting for me and my father. I'm guessing she is being kept in the basement so Bash, Loki, Kay, Luke and Karin will all be heading that way with me. The rest of you fan out amongst the first and second floors and kill anyone that isn't with us. Am I clear?" I ended my speech.

"Yes, Boss!" I heard all my men and women answer. I had about 75 men with me and from what Max told Bash after I ran out, Trevor only has between 40-50 men so we outnumber him by a good amount of men and women.

We all walked the remaining distance to the warehouse and stopped just outside the perimeter in the tall grass so we could watch the activity and get a sense of how they moved and where they were standing guard. To my surprise, they only had one guard standing outside the doors and he was busy laughing at something on his phone. This is where Kay came into action.

She ripped her shirt in several places and dropped down into the first to make it look like she had been attacked and then quickly ran out of the grass. "HELP ME!" she screamed just loud enough for the guard to hear. We couldn't hear what he was saying but he caught her just as she collapsed in his arms.

This was Kay's M.O. She would make it look like she had been attacked and run into the lion's den while saying that she had been on a blind date and the man tried to take advantage of her but she got away and now needed help. It always caught the enemy off guard and made their senses slow while they tried to comprehend what she was talking about. When they try to comfort her, that's when she would take her knife and kill them quietly.

I came back to my senses just as Kay took her knife and stabbed him right in the jugular. He was taken completely by surprise and, of course, this was all completely silent so no other guards were notified. Just as the body hit the ground, we made our move towards the doors.

We all huddled around the door until I had enough of waiting and I kicked the door in. There was a party going on in the warehouse. There were empty liquor bottles, bags of white powder laying on tables and people dancing all over each other. Some people were making out, some were just downright having sex in the corner. They were all so high and drunk that their reflexes were shit so they didn't have time to attacked before we unleashed our attack. My army started shooting, cutting, stabbing and fighting Trevor's little gang.

My inner circle and I started towards the stairs when a bullet came flying past my face and hit the wall. I ducked behind a concrete pillar and peeked out to find the motherfucker who shot at me and wasn't surprised to find Eric standing there with a look of pure rage. Bash shot back at him but he too dove behind a car that was sitting inside. I waited and when he raised back up, I took my shot.

Time seemed to slow down as I shot on my exhale and hit Eric right between the eyes. His body dropped to the ground, unmoving. I looked around to see that my mafia had the upper hand in this fight but it wasn't over until we found Trevor and Carter. I was still staring at Eric's body when time seemed to return to normal and I could hear my name being called.

"LIAM!! HELP ME!" That was Carter's voice. I turned around to find her and Trevor in the corner by the basement door and he was holding a gun against her head. I knew if they could, my eyes would be putting him six feet under right now.

"Long time, no see, Little Knight. Come to rescue your pathetic little queen?" he sneered.

Oh this man is dead. 

>>>>><<<<<

A/N: I'm not sure this was my best chapter so I may rewrite it at some point. 

The book only has one or two chapters left! If there is something I haven't cleared up, please let me know! I don't want to leave you hanging without tying everything up! 

Vote, comment, follow or message me! I would love to chat and read your thoughts about the book! Thank you for your support!

~~Rory Michelle~~