Chapter Forty-Three

Carter's POV:

It's been a couple of days since I spoke with Liam and we talked everything out. More and more memories of the two of us before he moved keep returning to me since we have begun talking regularly. Or maybe it was because of our intense make-out session we had after we talked...

>>>>><<<<<

Flashback:

"We find your father."

"Wh...Why do we need to find him exactly?" I questioned in fear of finding my abuser.

"...Because...He is the one who killed my mother."

"I don't think I can face him, Liam. He's hurt me so much. I don't think I'm strong enough. What if something goes wrong and he kidnaps me or something?"

"Hey, look at me," I looked into his beautiful hazel eyes that are more blue when he is serious. "I won't let him touch a hair on your head or even come near you. When we find his location, you will be moved to a safehouse with Kay and kept on lockdown until he is taken care of. I know you've been trained but that has been so long ago that you are rusty and have probably forgotten a lot of your training. I will, however, be training you again just in case something happens before we find him. I promise, I'm not letting you anywhere near him as long as I breathe."

He leans his forehead against mine and looks deep into my eyes. I can't help but to lean in and he meets me halfway. Our lips meet and it's like shockwaves ripple through my body. What started as a simple kiss, heats up really quickly. My hands come up and bury themselves into his hairs and he grabs my hips to pull me closer. Instead of moving closer, I take the initiative to throw my right leg over his lap and straddle his hips.

He grabs onto my hips tighter and rocks me forward and I moan into his mouth. When I moan, he slips his tongue into my mouth. I get the hint so I continue rocking against the bulge in his jeans and he moans back into my mouth. His hands start to wander and remove my shirt while his lips start creating a path of fire down the column of my neck.

Just as he gets to my bra line with his lips and to the clasp with his hands, we hear the door open downstairs and Mr. Mack coming into the house. I quickly scramble off his lap to gab my shirt and he lightly groans as I do so. I look back and giggle when I see him grab a pillow and throw it over his lap to hide his...situation.

I walk back towards him and lean down to whisper, "Later, baby," then stand up to wink at him and walk to my desk to start on my homework since I go back to school on Monday.

End of Flashback

>>>>><<<<<

That is where I find myself now. I am currently looking through my closet for an outfit to where to my first day back to school. I finally decide on a pair of light wash skinny jeans, a short sleeved crop top and a pair of vans. I straightened my hair and put a thin layer of makeup on my face for a natural look.

After grabbing a granola bar and a bottle of water, I head out the door and wait for Liam to pick me up. I sit down on the porch swing while scrolling through social media and eating my granola bar. All of the sudden, am eerie feeling of being watched comes over me. I look up and all around me but see no one outside other than myself. As I'm looking around, I think I see movement coming from the empty house next door but all I see is a squirrel running through the yard.

Just as I get up to go back in the house, Liam pulls up in his beautiful blue jeep and steps out of the car to open the passenger side door for me to get in. Once I am inside, he runs around and jumps into the driver's seat.

"How did you sleep, baby?" he asks once he starts driving.

"Pretty good. I had some pretty good dreams," I replied with a blush because I thought back to the dreams that I had of me and Liam rolling around on a bed with nothing on but smiles.

"Mmmmm, dreams about me?"

"Actually, yes," I said with a wink, "how did you sleep last night?"

"Terrible. I wanted you next to me all night. I sleep better when you're in my arms," he replied.

"We've never slept together so how do you know that?"

"On the contrary, We slept on the floor that one night after I missed coming to the house. Even though we were on the floor, that was the best sleep of my life because you were in my arms."

My breath caught in my throat. That was the night he told me about his mom. Speaking of his mom, her funeral is coming up this weekend. They are waiting just a bit so that family from out of town can attend and other Mafias can also be in attendance to show respect. Sometimes even enemies will come to show respect or just to keep up appearances. Liam reaches over and puts his hand on my knee to get my attention.

"What are you thinking about, baby? I lost you for a few minutes," he said.

"Oh nothing important. Just about the first day back at school. I hope everything goes well and I don't have to deal with Ginny and her posse. I know Molly will be great and I have you and Kay and the boys but I'm still nervous."

"Well, the good news for you is that Ginny is no longer attending school. She decided to do schooling online since she found out she was pregnant and she couldn't pin it on me. I don't know if she knows who the father is and she was just trying to trap me or if she really doesn't have a clue to who it could be. The other girls of the double Cons group have been oddly quiet without their fearless leader," he says.

Well that's good for me I guess. We finally arrive at school and I see Molly and Kay standing at the entrance waiting for me. It brings a smile to my face to see my friends getting along so well. Liam parks in his regular spot and we get out to walk into school. Liam comes around and throes his arm over my shoulders and pull me into give me a kiss on the temple which makes me blush. He is showing me affection in front of everyone which makes me question him.

"Hey, Li, can I ask you a serious question?" I ask as I come to a stop just out of earshot of the girls.

"Sure, baby, what is it?" he asks.

"What are we? Are we friends, friends with benefits, dating... I'm just confused as to where we stand in our relationship," I say after taking a deep breath.

"Ah yes, I knew I would forget... Carter Keller, will you do me the prestigious honor of being your boyfriend so that I can continue to annoy the ever loving fuck out of you for as long as you will have me?" I'm stunned but I know my answer in a heartbeat.

"Absolutely!" I say and jump into his arms with my legs wrapped around his waist and my arms around his neck.

Liam Knight is finally my boyfriend.