Chapter Twenty

Chapter Dedications: This chapter is dedicated to CxTannir. Her book titled, "Circles" is so good! Check it out!

Also, thank you for 200+ reads!!!

>>>>><<<<<

Carter's POV:

I bolted to Kay's room and found her and Loki hugging and kissing before he smiled at me and walked out telling us to have fun. I have no idea what I am going to say. I just hope that she doesn't get mad at me for going on a date with her brother. All of the books I have read, the sibling always gets mad. I can't lose her friendship because she is the only true friend I have ever had.

"Hey, Car! What's with you looking all freaked out? You came in here like Loki does when he gets excited about computers! What's up?" she asked after she had forced herself to stop giggling.

"Kay, I need a favor. Will you help me get ready for a date this evening?" I purposefully didn't say Liam's name so she didn't hesitate to agree, which is exactly what happened.

"Who's the guy, or girl, that asked you out?" She asked but by the look on her face, I feel like she already knows.

"Um...Liam asked me," I looked at the floor the whole time I mumbled out the sentence.    

She shrieked so loud and collapsed on her bed, "FINALLY! That asshole really knows how to make people wait."

"I mean, I wasn't really waiting, I just never thought th..."

"I'm talking about me! He always takes forever to do the things that make me happy! He's so selfish! Why would he make me wait this long for this to happen when he could have solved it weeks ago! I know he doesn't love me! I am his only sister and a pretty good one, too! He never..."

"KAY! Calm down, you're rambling," I giggled, "Now, Liam does love you and yes you are a great sister to him, but what did you mean that he has made you wait for this when it would make you happy? I thought you would be mad that I said yes?"

"Are you kidding? I'm ecstatic that he finally found his balls and asked you! I could tell from the minute he saw you that he liked you. Ask Loki! I would talk about it all the time on our long phone calls," she smiled brightly. "Now, where is he taking you, what do you need to wear and what are you all doing?"

"Um...I have no idea. He just said that anything I wear will be fine."

"UGHHHH! FINE!," she yelled. She went into her closet and was in there for just a few minutes before I heard her squeal, "I found the perfect outfit!" She came walking out with an outfit but I couldn't really see what it was.

"Okay, come with me and I will do your hair and makeup," she said as she drug me into the closet and sat me down in a chair in front of a small vanity table where there was a lot of makeup and hair products. I forgot about my bruises until I looked in the mirror. They weren't as bad as yesterday but now they are fading to a disgusting greenish yellow color.

Kay must have seen the sadness in my face because she turned me a little and made me look at her face. "Hey, it will be okay. I will cover up those bruises and you will never even know they are there."

I nodded my head and let her get to work. There were still a few hours until the date but she said it may take awhile considering she has to cover up a lot on my face, not that I'm complaining. She had called one of their maids and asked for a charcuterie board that had cheese, meats, fruits and some bagel pieces with cream cheese dip. We sat and talked about everything and anything.

"Hey, Kay? Can I ask you an extremely awkward and personal question?" she tensed a tiny bit but nodded her head at me in the mirror, "What...what was your first time like? Does it hurt?"

She turned my chair around and looked at me with a serious facial expression. "It wasn't that bad actually. Granted, We had done a lot of other sexual things and that helps with the pain sometimes," I nodded and it got quiet while she was still working on my hair until she decided to say something. "Are you thinking about that with Liam?" I kept looking at my cuticles and I shyly nodded at her.

"Can I give you some advice?" I nodded. "Before doing anything more than kissing with Liam, have a talk with him about it. Tell him your fears and anxiety and he will help you through it. I promise. You just need to start off the relationship completely, totally honest about things."

I started thinking about the fact that I still wasn't honest about how I got my bruises. She went to put lipstick on me but I grabbed her hand and forced her to stop. She looked at me confused and I finally, finally I spilled the truth about my life to my first genuine friend.

Liam's POV:

    "Okay, boys, you got your tasks, now go do your jobs," my dad said, "Liam, I need to speak with you in private."

"OOOOO, someone is in trouble for having a girl in his bed last night," Max taunted.

"Now, Max, don't be jealous because you've never had one in yours," My father said to him which made his jaw drop before he glared at me while leaving the room. All we did was laugh.

"So, which girl was it this time? Hmm?"

"It's not what you think. All we did was sleep. I think she is scared of the dark and she got attacked yesterday so she was injured and wanted company. We are going on a date tonight, though." My dad smiled but then quickly frowned.

"Attacked? How? Where?" I repeated the story that Carter told me last night and it still felt wrong when repeating it. "Hmmm. That seems weird. No one gets attacked like that in that part of the city."

"Yeah, I know. I have a bad feeling that her dad may be behind it but I can't prove it. She is also bullied at school and no one seems to care but one teacher. Remember that night we went to their house?" he nodded. "Well, that night I noticed she had a bruise from what looked like fingers on her wrist. I think he abuses her and she is covering for him."

"That would make the most sense. I will look into it and let you know. Remember what we talked about in the meeting and have fun tonight," he walked around the desk and stood in front of me. "You'll take good care of her Liam. You always promised you would."

>>>>><<<<<

Question: Would you rather have just character details or pics of characters? Let me know!

Also, what do you think Liam's dad meant by the last sentence?