Chapter Twenty-Nine

A/N: Chapter dedication goes to Kimberlymaree1988 for being an amazing fan and follower! Thank you for being you!

>>>>><<<<<

Carter's POV:

Two Weeks Later:

    I roll in bed as much as I can. I'm feeling a lot better than I did when I woke up in the hospital. I'm still bandaged in some places but most of my bruises have healed, and I have a walking boot on my ankle making it easier for me to move around on my own and don't need help as much. There's not a doubt in my mind that I would have died if Molly hadn't shown up. Speaking of Molly, we have grown closer. She brings my homework to me twice a week and then will take it back for me. I am so thankful she was there that day and everything else she is doing for me.

I hear a knock on my door and Tracy peeks her head in. I smile up at her and she comes over to check my out and make sure I feel okay.

"Hi, Sweetie. How are you feeling today?"

"I'm feeling good. Better and better every day."

"Good! Well, we made breakfast and I was wondering if you wanted to eat up here still or if you want to try and come downstairs? It's up to you," she smiles kindly at me.

Here is a recap of what has happened the past couple of weeks: after I woke up in the hospital, Tracy and Molly were there. They told me how I was found and I immediately remembered everything that happened. I didn't utter a word of truth to them, but it was like they could see the truth in my eyes. They asked no questions. When told that my father was called, I broke. I told Tracy everything when we were alone. I still didn't trust Molly yet.

I was having a panic attack when she ushered me into the bathroom to get cold water on my face which helped. Tracy said she was going to get me some ice water to drink and left me to calm down. I heard voices a few minutes later and closed my mouth thinking it was my dad. I didn't want him to know where I was. Tracy came back but told me Liam knew I was here. She came up with a plan for me to move in with her and she could take care of me.

I decided I also wanted to do school online which was available in these instances where it was still available to kids who were sick or injured. I didn't want to have to deal with things. Tracy and Mr. Mack were still finalizing the paperwork so that could take place. So far, the only people who know where I am are Molly and the Macks. I wanted it that way.

Tracy helped me to stand and stayed close to me just in case I needed the support. I still was slightly wobbly when walking. We slowly went downstairs where Scott was sitting at the table reading the paper and drinking his coffee and food laid out in front of him. He heard us coming so he stopped and stood up until we were seated and then he resumed his position after giving us both kind smiles and morning greetings. I dug into my plate immediately and kept eating until Tracy cleared her throat to get my attention.

"So, Carter, we got the confirmation letter that says you are approved for online school! Isn't that exciting? You can start today!"

I was excited but my smile slowly faded when I knew I wouldn't see Molly anymore. I'm sure she only came because she found me and she was bringing me my homework. My first friend and she will already be gone. Damn.

>>>>><<<<<

Liam's POV:

Where the fuck is Carter? She has disappeared off the face of the Earth. I went by her house but there hasn't been any answer. Although, I'm sure her father won't answer the door since I'm sure he now knows we know he was the one behind the attack. I just hope I can find Carter and she will explain why she betrayed me and my family.

Mr. Mack dismisses us and I immediately go to talk to him once the room is cleared.

"Excuse me, Mr. Mack?"

"Yes, Liam? What can I do for you?" he replies but with a coldness in his voice and face that I have never seen before.

"I was wondering if you have seen Carter or know where she might be? I tried to see her when she was in the hospital, but she was gone before I had a chance to visit her." He just stared at me for the longest time and I was about to walk away when he opened his mouth to speak.

"Well, son, I heard that she was doing online courses, so I assume whatever she went through was quite a lot for her and she needs time to heal." Online courses? What the fuck happened and why won't she see me if she is home? 'Maybe because you were a major dick last time you talked to her,' my conscience says.

"Okay. Thank you, sir," I turned to walk away but stopped when Mr. Mack spoke again.

"If you are planning to hurt her or badger her, I would advise you to leave it be. That girl has gone through enough to last several lifetimes," he said.

With that, I walked out and just happened to bump into Molly. She probably has information on where Carter is. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the empty room across the hall.

"Hey, get off me, Asshole!"

"Molly, I need your help. I need to know where Carter is.

"Why? So you can yell at her some more or accuse her of stupid shit that she didn't even have anything to do with?" Okay, so obviously she has talked to Carter.

"I just need to talk to her and figure things out. She is still my girlfriend and I want to know what is going on." It's not a complete lie but I'm not going to mention anything Mafia related to a random person.

"Let me break this to you, Liam, she hasn't been your girlfriend since you called her a "mother killer" and threw her to the side like a piece of trash and then slept with Ginny at her party." With that, she sauntered away. I went to go the other direction only to have a hand push me back into the room. I saw Ginny entering and I stumbled backwards and landed in a chair that was behind me.

"Hey, good-looking. What are you doing? Wanna come to my place with me?" she asked as she straddled my lap. I tried pushing her off but she clung to my neck.

"Look, Ginny, whatever happened two weeks  ago was a mistake. I have a girlfriend and I didn't want to sleep with you then or ever again. Just leave me alone."

"Hmm, well I have some news for your girlfriend, then."

"And what is that?" I finally got her push off and I got up to leave but froze and my heart shattered at her next statement.

"I'm pregnant."

Fuck.

>>>>><<<<<

A/N: Instead of a question, I need another name (other than your own) for a female character that has yet to be introduced! I can't present awards, but the "winner" will also be put into either this story as a character or my next one! AND GO!