Chapter Sixteen

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to barngrjl I just came across her stories and read two in a row. All I can say is that they are so good that I can't wait to read more! My favorite so far is "Uncaging Wren"! Such a sweet book mixed with a little bit of smut! Check it out!

Also, I am sorry it took so long to update. My computer is being absolutely stupid but I think I fixed it. This chapter is longer than all of the others since I made you all wait! Now, on with the chapter!

>>>>><<<<<

Carter's POV:

"BABY!!!!" I heard Kay screech and I turned in time to see her jump on a really tall guy with white hair and a few tattoos scattered on his arms and some on his neck. She wrapped her legs around his waist making him grab onto her thighs to support her when she grabbed his face in her hands and started placing kisses all over his face while he laughed. It was such a sweet interaction, one that I longed for but would probably never experience.

Standing off to the side was a tall guy with black hair leaning against Liam's jeep on his phone. He looked up briefly and I gave him a light smile. He scowled at me and looked back down to his phone which made me just look down at the ground and play with the hem of my shirt. That must be Sebastian. 

The front door of the house opened and out came another boy I didn't know and Liam followed closely behind him. They were goofing off and pushing each other back and forth while laughing. Liam wrapped his arm around the other guy's neck to put him in a headlock and the other guy tried his hardest to get out, but Liam's hold was strong. That was until he looked up and locked eyes with me and gave me a bright smile. He let go and started to walk over to where I stood, still fiddling with my shirt.

"Hey, Carter! I'm glad you could make it! I am so sorry I wasn't able to pick you up like I said I would. We are just going to chill and hang out here for the day. We got a bunch of junk food and movies to watch," Liam said as he hugged me. I still wasn't so used to touch yet, but I am trying.

"It's okay, Liam. Kay got me and she gave me a rundown of your friends," I said with a small smile. 

He grabbed my hand and started leading me over to the rest of the group while he spoke, "Good. I am glad she did something right for once". Next thing I know, a wedge shoe flew past Liam's head and Kay was standing with her back leaned against her boyfriend's chest and he had his arms wrapped around her shoulders from behind while she gave her brother a death glare. He would be six feet under if her look could kill.

"Everyone," Liam called everyone's attention, "this is Carter, a friend of mine and Kay's from school. Carter, this is everyone." I just gave everyone a small wave and Liam said he would introduce them all individually once we get inside. We walked into the house and I was beyond amazed at the interior. 

Their house wasn't enormous, but it wasn't exactly small either. The ground level was an open floor plan with a beautiful shade of light gray walls except for one big wall that was white but had large gray and teal flowers with black and purple accents. On closer inspection, the purple accents on the wall had a 3-D effect with paper flowers that were hung in random places. They had a large U-shaped couch that was teal and two overstuffed chairs that were gray and white. Pillows in different shades of purple were scattered on the couch and chairs. 'You could also see into the kitchen past the dining room and it, too, had the same color scheme.

The counters looked like white marble with dark gray cabinets and white walls. The marble had long lines in it that looked like diamonds embedded in it making it the most beautiful counters I had ever seen. The appliances were a lighter teal color which was strange but beautiful at the same time. The teal decor made everything seem not so monotonous and broke up all the gray and white.