Chapter Twenty-Five

A/N: Chapter dedication goes to len3writes because I LOVED "H.E.R (Her Endless Road)"

>>>>><<<<<

Carter's POV:

I wake up to tiny kisses being placed all over my face. I open my eyes to the most gorgeous sight in the world, Liam placing featherlight kisses all over my face and shoulder.

"Time to get up, Baby. I made breakfast, so hurry and get ready so we can eat."

I smiled so widely I thought my face would crack. I got up and did my morning routine and got dressed in my skinny jeans, but I have no shirt in there. I decided I would just put a bra under Liam's hoodie and wear it to school. I scrunch my hair and pull it halfway back and pin it with bobby pins. I also put makeup on the fading bruises I had on my face that Kay let me borrow.

I skipped happily down the stairs and sat at the table where there was a huge spread of french toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes, orange juice and milk all laid out on the table. Did he make all of this for me?

"Did you make all of this just for me?"

"Partially, but I also know two assholes that will want food as well." I was confused until I heard the familiar voice of Max.

"Good morning, people! How are my favorite parental units?" I just looked at him confused.

"We're not your parents, dickwad," Liam told him. Why would he call us his parents? I'm so confused.

"But...Mommy, he's being mean to me."

"Why are you calling me Mommy? That's a little weird," I said.

"Because you both have the most stable relationship out of everyone I know!"

"Hey! I resent that, dipshit! Kay and I have a super stable relationship and we have for years! Stop pestering everyone so we can all eat," Loki told him just as Kay walked in and sat in his lap. I couldn't stop giggling at how crazy all of them were.

Kay leaned over and asked me how the date went last night and I just told her I would tell her later. I want to talk to her about sex, seduction and all of that kind of stuff. I had only ever talked to Mama about sex and what I have learned from books so I'm glad I have Kay. I'm sure that Mrs. Knight would help me, too.

After I was finished eating, I realized Sebastian wasn't here. Is it me? Is he so annoyed by me that it is now affecting his eating? Liam could tell my mood dropped because the next thing I knew, his hand was on my thigh and he leaned over and whispered, "You okay, Baby?"

"Yeah, but where is Sebastian?" I whispered.

"He skips breakfast most of the time. He is probably in the gym." I just nodded my head because I still feel like it's my fault that he won't come eat breakfast. I'm not sure what I have done to him, but it must have been something big.

I was the first one finished with my meal since I was the first at the table and I just sat there listening to everyone's conversations. Liam's hand was on my thigh still and it was sending a comforting feeling through me. I leaned my head on his arm and shut my eyes. I had one of those dreams again only this time, I felt like I recognized the boy but wasn't completely sure before I woke up.

When everyone was finished, I decided to help clean up, to which I was told that the maids would get it but it made me feel uncomfortable for someone to do for me what I could do very easily. I ignored everyone and continued taking dishes to the kitchen. Kay jumped in to help first and then the rest joined in.

Liam asked me if I wanted to take the jeep or the motorcycle and I obviously picked the bike so I could feel the wind in my hair. We went to the garage, and he gave me an extra helmet that said, "Liam's girl" and a leather jacket that said the same. I was so overwhelmed with emotion that I jumped in his arms and wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. "I love them! Thank you!"

With that, we got on the bike and took off.

>>>>><<<<<

We pull into the school and everyone is already staring at us which makes me anxious. What are Ginny and her people going to do? Will people still make fun of me? Will people make fun of Liam because he is with me?

Liam, once again, noticed my mood so he sat on his bike and pulled me between his legs and started kissing my jaw, face and hands to get me to relax and it worked.

"Relax, Baby. If they talk, let them. If they stare, let them. I dare them to say anything bad about you. I will be the first person to kick their ass."

I nodded at him and kissed him. It started as a slow sweet kiss and quickly turned into a more passionate make out session. I was in bliss.

"Okay, lovebirds, I need my best friend so fuck off, boys," said Kay as she ripped me away from Liam.

"Just one more kiss!" Kay rolled her eyes and let go of me so I could go back over and give Liam a big, sloppy kiss.

"Have a great day, Baby," Liam said against my lips and gave me one final kiss before I was dragged away by Kay. Liam winked at me before we went through the front doors which made me blush scarlet red. Once we got to my locker, Kay turned and looked at me with a scrutinizing eye.

"So, judging by how far my brother's tongue was down your throat, I am guessing the date went well?" she giggled.

"Well, I'm allowed to kiss my boyfriend, am I not?"

"BOYFRIEND?!?! I KNEW IT! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU TWO! We should have a double date at some point! It will be so fun! I knew my brother lo..." She was cut off by her phone ringing on the way to first period, so we stopped in a small little alcove where the water fountains are. She rolled her eyes at the screen and answered.

(Kay's phone conversation)

Kay: What do you want?

Pause

Kay: What do you mean? We just left there thirty minutes ago!

Pause. Kay's face pales.

Kay: Okay, I will. I promise. We will head there now.

Kay hung up the phone and I was curious as to who that was. She grabbed my hand and said we needed to go and she started heading through hallway after hallway to get to another exit. I kept pulling at her hand for her to tell me what was wrong. Finally, I had had enough and planted my feet to make me stop so she would tell me what was going on.

"Kay! What the fuck are we doing!?"

"We need to go somewhere safe. My house was just attacked and my mom was shot."

Oh, fuck.

>>>>><<<<<

Question: What was your favorite subject in school? Any grade, any subject. Mine was Math until high school where it switched to Choir, but I still loved Math.