Chapter Fifty-Five

Liam's POV:

"On three. One, two, three," On three, I raised my foot and kicked the door right next to the knob so that the door would fly open for my men to enter. I stood back while Bash and Max entered and went to the left and right. Then, three more of my men went in and went up the stairs. Last, me and the rest of my men entered and took the rest of the house and basement. What we found confused the fuck out of us. This was not part of the plan... Fuck!

>>>>><<<<<

Flashback:

All of my men are gathered in the conference room. Everyone except Eric Connell since he is helping Trevor. He has no idea we are meeting and we are not going to alert him that we know he is a traitor just yet. Everyone is here to listen to our plan to ambush the house that Trevor is using as his hideout, the house next to Tracy and Scott's house.

"Listen up! We have found the location of Trevor Keller. He is stationed in an empty house on Sycamore Street. Our plan is to go to the house late in the night and ambush them while they are sleeping so they are more likely not to expect an attack. This plan is not to be told to Eric Connell due to the fact that he is a traitor and is working for Trevor. He will be one of them that we will be on the lookout for.

"First to enter the house will be Bash and Max who will go to the left and right checking doors and rooms as the go. Next to enter will be Dirk, Carl and Joseph. You will go up the stairs and check all areas. Finally, I will enter with the rest of you and will go straight in and fan out through the rest of the house including the basement.

"You will kill anyone you come across. The only ones I want left alive are Trevor Keller and his right hand man, Eric Connell. They are to be kept alive and brought back to the basement. I have printed out blueprints of the house for all of you to study. We leave tomorrow at midnight. Is the plan clear to everyone?"

I hear a round of "Yes, sir" and we break up the meeting for the rest of the night so we can be with our loved ones because you never know the outcome of a mission like this. I went and curled up with my girl and just watched her sleep for the rest of the night.

End of Flashback

>>>>><<<<<

When we got to the house, we expected to find at least some of Trevor's men or Trevor himself. All we found was a note that said:

"When it comes to your girl, you might want to think and stay calm,

You can keep this house, It really is the bomb."

I stared at the note, very confused. It made no sense to me until I read it for the fifth time and came to the conclusion that there was a bomb planted in the house. It was like I was moving in slow motion to reach for my earpiece and yell, "Everyone out! There's a bomb!"

Everyone runs to the doors of the house and I know not everyone will make it out. I turn towards the window and decide my only way out will be through it. I take a running start and jump at the same time I hear the explosion.

>>>>><<<<<

Carter's POV:

I've been a nervous wreck ever since the men left to go and raid Trevor's hideout. I know that everyone that is a part of Liam's team is highly trained and can handle themselves but it still makes me worried. What happens if Liam gets hurt or worse. What if something happens and I never see him again. I don't think I could handle life after.

I tried to stay up with Kay but I got tired of watching her be all lovey-dovey with Loki. Loki doesn't go on missions all the time since he is mostly the tech guy. He is trained like the rest but he usually just stays behind and helps with blueprints, radio ear pieces and other things like that along with Kay. This time, they had plenty of guys to go with them so neither Kay nor Loki was needed.

Halfway through the third movie of the night, I could no longer sit still so I decided to go up to my room and pace while not in the presence of the loving couple. After pacing and fidgeting for and hour and a half, I fell asleep but I was wracked by a horrible nightmare.

>>>>><<<<<

Dream:

I was walking through a garden. It was full of the most beautiful flowers I had ever seen. While I was walking, I saw the back of someone who looked vaguely familiar. The closer I got to them, the further away they got. I started running but that didn't help. Finally, I stopped running and collapsed to my knees out of breath and struggling to stay upright.

I looked up and saw that the person was right in front of me and I could finally see that it was Liam. I stood up and turned him around only to be horrified by what I saw. He was standing there with blood running down the front of his body and huge glass shards sticking all out of the front of him. He was reaching out for me and had his mouth open like he was trying to say something but I couldn't hear him. Just as I was reaching out to touch him, a ringing sound came out of hi mouth and woke me from the horrible dream.

>>>>><<<<<

I was awoken by my phone ringing and when I looked down, a let out a sigh of relief when I saw that it was Liam calling me. I was so anxious to hear his voice that I almost hung up on him while trying to answer.

"Hello," I answered.

"Carter? It Bash," Bash said.

"Bash? What happened to Liam," I immediately was on high alert.

"It was a trap, There was a bomb in the house. We're on our way back to bring Liam to the infirmary. The docs are already aware but Liam was asking for you before he passed out. I wanted to warn you that he has lost a lot of blood but he should be fine. We will be there in about five minutes so wait for us because he will kill us if he wakes up and you're not there," He quickly explained.

I quickly agreed and threw on some comfortable clothes and headed to the infirmary hoping that my dream wasn't some kind of weird premonition.