Chapter Fifty-Seven

Carter's POV:

The smell of antiseptic and bleach woke me. I had no idea where I was or what had happened. The last thing I remember was waiting for the boys to come back. Then, as I open my eyes, everything comes rushing back to me. Blood. Glass. Liam. Dizziness. I passed out but someone caught me. I notice that there is someone else in the room with their head in their hands.

"Bash?" his head snapped up in my direction and if I didn't know any better, I would think that he had been crying or on the brink of tears.

"Carter! You're awake. How do you feel?"

"Other than a slight headache, I'm fine. Where is Liam?"

"He is next door. He is stable. They had to pull all the glass from him and stitch him up in a few places. They also had to do a minimal surgery to remove the rebar but there was nothing life threatening other than that and a few broken rib from the explosion."

"Oh, thank God. C-can I go see him?"

"Of course. He should be waking up pretty soon since you had a nice little nap of about 6 hours." Six hours!!! I guess I was more tired than I thought since I couldn't sleep while they were gone.

He took me next door but before we could enter, we were stopped by someone unexpected.

"Carter! You're okay?" Max asked me as I tried to go into the room.

"Uh, yeah. I'm just fine. Just get kinda sick from bloody glass situations. I'm just going to see Liam."

"Oh, he's not awake yet. You wanna take a walk with me?"

"Um, thanks but I'd really like to go in and sit with Liam until he wakes up. I've already been away from him for way too long. Maybe later when Liam wakes up and he gets settled or something," I gave him a strained smile. Although it was weird that he was asking me to go for a walk, I know everyone is a little on edge after the explosion even though Max looks like he missed the explosion. Lucky him.

"Oh, okay. Maybe later. See ya," he said and then darted off down the hallway. I looked at Bash who was looking in the direction where he disappeared with narrowed eyes.

"What a weird fucker," Bash said.

Bash opened the door to Liam's room and let me enter first. I walked in and all I could see were his blood stained clothes and white bandages all over him from where he had cuts. His shirt was cut open and he has bandages wrapped around his torso to try and keep his ribs stabilized.

"Oh, Li. How did you get in this situation? It was supposed to be an easy mission," I said as I brushed the hair out of his eyes. "Bash, how was Liam the only one hurt this bad?"

"Well, he was the only one hurt badly. We lost a few guys that were on the upper level. Liam somehow found out there was a bomb and came over the radio to say there was a bomb. Everyone who could, found the exit and left the house. Liam was thrown from a first story window and hit the ground at an alarming rate of speed. The bomb must have been small because it only really damaged that house and not the others that were fifty yards away except for cosmetically," he explained.

"I wasn't thrown you asshole. I jumped from that window at the same time the bomb went off," we heard a voice mutter behind us. I turned around so quick I almost gave myself whiplash.

"Liam! You're awake!" I couldn't stop myself from reaching over and kissing him and he groaned when I leaned too hard on him. "Oh, God! I'm so sorry! How are you feeling?"

"Like I've been fucking run over by a truck or thrown from a house," he said sarcastically towards Bash.

"Fucker," Bash replied with a smirk.

"Okay, Okay, you two. I'm just glad you're okay. You all are okay, "I emphasized.

We spent the next little while Liam explained about the note and letting the doctor check on Liam and give him more pain meds. While sitting there I kept getting more and more confused about the whole situation. I guess my face showed my thoughts because I heard Liam's voice cut through my thoughts.

"Baby? What's wrong?" he asked.

"Oh, I'm just thinking about the whole thing. I mean, we knew that Trevor was in that house as of yesterday and then magically he disappeared? Also, how did he know that you would show up? Did someone tell him about the plan?"

"Huh, now that I think about it, you're right. How did he know we were coming?" Liam asked out loud.

"Which means Eric isn't the only traitor we have in our mafia," Bash said. The next ten minutes were filled with silence as the three of us sat in thought.

Well, I'm going to go get you a change of close so when the doc discharges you back to work, you will be ready to leave. But I swear to God, Liam, if you go back to work and hurt yourself, you will be on bedrest for the foreseeable future. I'm not going to tell you to not go back to work because this is important but I will if you test my patience," I said while standing.

"Yes, ma'am. Could you also get my laptop so I can work on some things and maybe look at the surveillance footage to see if it shows anybody coming or going when they shouldn't? I nodded my head in agreement. I leaned over and gave him a kiss and then left to get him a change of clothes and his laptop so he could review surveillance footage.

I was walking through the halls and it was completely silent since most people were in bed after the crazy night we had. It was almost dinner but I highly anyone would show up since everyone was completely exhausted and others were most likely injured so they were resting.

As I turned the corner, I felt like I was being watched or followed. I stopped and looked behind me and saw no-one. I shook the thoughts from my head and continued on my way. As I walked further, I could swear I heard light footsteps and heavier than normal breathing. I continued walking but still looked and again found no-one.

I got to the room and decided to just pack Liam's small duffle bag with an extra set of clothes and different shoes, his toiletries and his laptop and charger. I made sure that he had anything he could need while he was there but hopefully, the doctor would let him out tonight or in the morning. I made sure I had my phone charger so I could read my books on my phone in case I got bored while Bash and Liam looked at the video footage because I wasn't going to leave until he did.

I went into the kitchen to make us some quick spaghetti for the three of us and left the rest on the stove for whoever may get hungry. We had plastic containers that I put the spaghetti in and grabbed utensils, plates and the picnic basket so I could carry it all back to the room. We haven't eaten in quite some time so I'm sure the boys were just as hungry as I was.

I went to turn and leave the kitchen when I ran right into a hard chest. I looked up and saw Eric standing in front of me with a creepy smile on his face. I smiled back at him and went to turn around when he gabbed onto my arm with a little force. I looked at him and he just looked behind me. I went to turn to see what he was looking at but I felt a striking force hit the back on my head. I heard a voice that I knew, a voice I never would have guessed to be a traitor bend down and get in my face to talk to me.

"Shoulda taken me up on my offer, sweetheart."

>>>>><<<<<

A/N: Ooop, who do you think is the traitor and why? Lots of action coming soon! Thank you to ChikaNwabunwanne8 for giving me the idea of another traitor! You're awesome!

Have an idea or wanna chat? Message me! Please vote, comment and/or share with your friends!