Chapter Thirty-Four

I edited a couple of parts in the last chapter I noticed were wrong and have posted this shorter chapter for you guys! Its currently a blizzard where I live, and my electricity keeps flashing, so I wanted to get at least this posted for y'all!

This Chapter is dedicated to what-she-said for the book, "Feels Like Home" which I adored!

>>>>><<<<<

Carter's POV:

I am sitting and just staring at Liam's sleeping face with no emotion. I don't know what to do at this moment. Do I wake him or let him sleep? Do I take my hand away or let him keep it? Do I keep up this emotionless facade or do I break and tell him how much I have missed him? I am so confused right now.

I sit in confusion for another few minutes until I just have to pull my hand away. When I do, it wakes up Liam and it takes him a minute to notice I am awake.

"Carter! My God, I am so glad you're awake. Do you need anything, water, maybe?" he goes to grab my hand again when I flinch away from him. I can't allow him to get that close again. He will just let me think he loves me to then break my heart in the most vicious way. I can't go through that again. He has a flash of hurt on his face but then he turns and gets me a glass of water.

"What were you doing to yourself, Car? Did you even think before you did that to yourself? You've been out cold for a week," he says.

After getting a drink of the cool, refreshing water, I speak, "I don't see how that is any of your business, Mr. Knight. Could you please leave and have the nurse page Tracy for me? You at least owe me that."

Before he can answer, the door opens and in walks Christian, I think his name was. When I look at him, it's like I have constant flashbacks to my dream I had when I was out. All of the things my mother said about Trevor not being my biological father hit me like a ton of bricks and all of his features became magnified. Then, I realized, Christian must be my biological father.

>>>>><<<<<

Christian's POV:

I can't believe Carter is really my child. I knew that Carla had a daughter, but I thought she was Trevor's. Carla was my first love. Yes, I had a child out of wedlock with a prostitute that I got too drunk and forgot to wrap it up. Eight months later, I had a teeny tiny baby and a note saying she wanted nothing to do with him and that his name was Sebastian. At that point, I had already met Carla and it was a fast romance.

Just after getting Sebastian, she got word from her parents saying she was to marry Trevor or be cut off from her family. So, she went because she loved her family too much to disappoint them. It backfired however when after a few years, he cut her off from all family and friends. I was heartbroken. We would secretly meet until she no longer came. I heard she was pregnant and was so devastated that I thought she was just happier with him.

When I heard she died, I was in the most pain I had ever felt. She was the most beautiful girl in the world and when she died, my world collapsed. I met my current wife a few years ago and she is an amazingly sweet and funny person. She has some of the same qualities as Carla did. She isn't Carla but she is amazing, and I love her with every part of me. She took to Sebastian like a good stepmom, and I think he loves her, too. It's hard to tell with Sebastian.

The first time I saw Carter, I knew she was mine. We have some of the same features and looked like just what I had imagined mine and Carla's children to look like. She was beautiful just like her mother. Most of all, she had the name, Carter. That's the name we chose for a baby girl if we ever had one. I just didn't want to freak her out the first time I saw her by making those claims. For some reason, the way she is looking at me right now tells me that she might know who I am and I wonder if Liam told her.

>>>>><<<<<

Carter's POV:

We just stared at each other and never said anything. Liam excused himself and said he would be back. He tried to kiss my cheek and I pulled away. Again, a flash of hurt went across his face but he did this himself. He quickly left the room and Christian stayed over by the door like I would bite him if he came closer.

"You can come and sit. I won't bite you," I said with slight amusement. I was completely calm and I don't know why when so much information is flying around in my brain. He came over and sat in the chair that Liam previously occupied.

"So, I assume that you have questions," he said.

"How? Why?" he must have understood my questions because he started at the beginning and told me their love story. Trevor was an abusive asshole to my mom as well by keeping her away from everyone. How did I never notice? How do I not remember if I had?

"Why didn't you come to my mom's funeral?" I asked.

"I wanted to but I had so many emotions running through me that I wound up just staying home and wallowing in my self-pity. It wasn't the best way to deal with things but that's what I did. I'm so sorry, sweetheart. If I had come, maybe I would have put the pieces together and could have saved you from Trevor, that bastard."

"You say you have an idea of what I went through. Do you know that I've been sexually assaulted several times by his disgusting friends, treated like a servant, and cut down to where I think so little of myself? How every night, he told me I was a waste of space and I deserved what I got? He recently started physically beating me and hurting me even more while you have sat in your mansion and your son has been a huge asshole to me himself. I have no one but Tracy in my corner and not even that until recently. Liam has told me I'm unlovable and that no one needs me so why should I believe any of you people now? I want to be left alone for awhile and none of you are welcome back unless I have called to speak to you. OUT! GET OUT! OUT, OUT, OUT!!!!"

I started thrashing in my bed and trying to pull the wires out of my arm so I could get away. If they weren't going to leave then I was going to leave here. I just want some peace and to see my mama again. I'm done with all of this and I just want to be alone! The next thing I see is Tracy coming into view and holding my face and I feel a sharp sensation and burning on my arm. I get very, very sleepy and the last thing I see is Liam standing at my door with a look of horror on his face.

>>>>><<<<<

Liam's POV:

Oh, God. I heard everything she said to Christian and now feel like a million bricks are sitting on my chest. I helped put her here. She hates me. I will never get her back.

>>>>><<<<<

Do you think the baby is Liam's? Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas! Don't feel like posting them publicly? Message me!