Chapter Eight

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to leiiii403 so go check out their awesome books! "Green & Grey" was one of the first books I read on WattPad! Go check it out!

>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<

Carter' POV

I woke up an hour earlier than I needed to this morning, so I just laid in bed staring at the ceiling. So many things were going through my head. Most of my thoughts surrounded Liam Knight. I don't even know why I am thinking about him. He clearly has other girls chasing him and after what I saw yesterday in the library, I know I am not his type. I hope they won't be coming over a lot now that he knows where I live. Having enough of this train of thought, I threw my blanket off of me and got ready for the day.

I somehow got out of the house without my dad seeing me. I missed my cup of coffee this morning since I didn't want to come in contact with him in the kitchen. That, along with the fact that I didn't sleep well last night, I feel like this is going to be a shit day. I am exhausted and I have a shift at the diner after school. I will just find somewhere to take a nap during lunch or I won't make it.

I made my way to school and when I got to my locker, a familiar figure with hazel eyes was leaning against it. I blew out a long breath trying to brace myself to get to my locker and lowered my head. As I get closer, I can see Liam's head turn towards me and stand up straight.

"Hey, Carter, how are you?"

"Good," I replied quietly, still with my head down only looking up long enough to put my combination into the lock on my locker.

"You look tired, is everything okay?" he lays a hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner and I flinch. Hopefully, he doesn't notice but, as always, it doesn't go my way. "Woah, sorry. I was just trying to be a nice guy. I won't hurt you."

I nod my head and get everything I will be needing before lunch then slam my locker shut. When I turn to look at Liam, a hand that I recognize comes around his waist and up to his chest. He closes his eyes for a moment in either ecstasy or annoyance, but I can't imagine why it would be in annoyance. When I hear a familiar nasal voice, I lower my head down to the floor. "Hey, baby. I missed you after school. Why don't we go have fun in..." she trailed off when she saw I was standing there.

"What the hell are you doing here, stupid? I thought I told you to stay away from him? No wonder your mother died; she couldn't stand being around you. Oh, wait...I forgot that you killed her. Probably with your pathetic ass face." She started cackling like an evil villain, but I took off in the other direction. I need to find somewhere to go for a bit. Time to find a girl's room that no one has occupied.

Liam's POV

What the ever-loving fuck? I am livid. Who the fuck does Ginny think she is talking to Carter like that? I may not know much about her, but it is clear that part of the reason she is so quiet is because of either the memory of her mother or because Ginny makes her life a living hell. My eyes are still watching Carter walking with her head down and don't even realize Ginny is still attached to my arm until she starts talking.

"Now that the stupid bitch is gone, I was saying maybe we could pick up where we left off yesterday," she attempts to purr in my ear, but it sounds disgusting. I can't believe I fucked this stupid bitch. "What do you say?

She attempts to run her hand up my chest and to my neck, but I grab her hand and throw it off of me. She is oblivious to my current mood and tries to do it again but this time when I grab her hand, I hold it and squeeze hard. Her eyes widen and she tries to pull her hand back, but my grip is too hard. "Liam, baby, what is..." I don't let her finish her sentence.

"Is there something wrong with your understanding of the phrase, "one-time thing"? Hmm? Or are you just stupid?" I seethed in her face.

"Baby, I..."

"STOP. CALLING. ME. BABY!! I am not now, nor will I ever be, your baby. What we did was a one-time thing like I told you yesterday. It will not happen again. Now, listen, very closely. If you ever, EVER, talk to or get near Carter, you will wish you had never met me. I will destroy you. Now, get the fuck out of my face," I threw her hand away from me and she cradles it against her chest while trying not to cry. "I SAID GO!"

    She turns and walks away and joins a group of girls at the end of the hall. I turn in the opposite direction wondering if Carter went to class or if she went somewhere else. I guess I will start with class first.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It's about 10 minutes into class and Carter is nowhere to be found. She doesn't seem like the type to skip class just because. I know she is upset about that Ginny bitch. I need to go find her and make sure she is okay. I'm sure that Mr. Mack wouldn't mind since I am pretty sure she is his favorite student. So, I decided to go up to his desk as he was talking to another student. Kay is giving me a weird look.

"Excuse me, Mr. Mack?" I get his attention as he dismisses the other student.

"Mr. Knight, what can I do for you?" I lower my voice so no one else hears.

"Yes, sir, I need to leave." he raises his eyebrow at me in question, "I need to go find Carter."

"Carter is here today? What is wrong? She never misses class unless she is seriously ill."

"Yes, sir. She was here but something upset her in the hall and she took off before I could talk to her. I want to go see if I can find her and make sure she is alright," I said. He gets up and asks me to follow him into the hall. When we get there, he starts speaking.

"I'm going to let you go look for her, but I wanted you to be aware of a few things. First, Carter has been through a lot but that's not my place to tell you so she will have to when she feels comfortable. Second, I know that she is bullied quite often but I have no proof. The minute I get proof, I'm going to the principal. She tries to stay silent so it doesn't get worse, but I notice things. She doesn't have any friends that I know of. I'm telling you all of this because she needs someone in her corner that is close to her age. I try and keep an eye out but I can't do much until I know what is going on. Please keep an eye on her. You may go. I suggest checking the ladies' room or the library."

After he excuses himself back to class, I head off in search of Carter. I hope that I find her soon. Everything that Mr. Mack had said was running over and over in my head. Why is that beautiful girl bullied? What is Ginny's problem with her? There are so many questions that keep rolling around in my head as I check all the ladies' rooms but find no Carter. I get to the library and look everywhere but when I get to the area that Ginny brought me to yesterday, I hear quiet sniffles.

Found her.