92. *She Is Fine*

Start from the beginning

"Make sure not to have any alcohol at all ok babe." Amanda added.

"Ofcourse love." He said. "You didn't have to say that after all I'm a doctor and I know what you should and shouldn't have in pregnancy."

Maya closed her eyes while Bianca whispered a Shit! under her breath.

"Oh um I should go get the drinks." And with that Mason left, creating an awkward silence after him.

"You're pregnant." It wasn't a question but more like a statement.

Sighing, Maya looked at Liam and simply nodded at him.

Liam let out a wide smile. "Congratulations! Well, I wasn't expecting to hear that tonight."

On seeing the looks they were exchanging with each other, he said, "Oh.." Realising something. "Did you not want me to find out?" Liam asked. "It was just a slip of tongue from his side and that's how...but you didn't actually mean to tell me?"

Shaking her head, Maya looked at him. "Liam it's, it's not like that." Well, she exactly didn't have any problem with him knowing about her pregnancy. She just didn't think he needed to know or that it mattered anything to him. Besides all the important people in her life already knew and that was what mattered to her.

"It's just that I didn't think it's some news you'd want to know." Maya exclaimed. "I mean me being pregnant isn't something you'd find important."

"Well, I won't say that. You being pregnant is a good news to me."

"Liam I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you." Maya realised they must've offended him.

"No, it's alright. I'm good." He then said. "Well, this calls for a celebration!" He cheered and on time Mason was back with their drinks.

"Let's do a toast for Maya and the baby." They all took their respective drinks. Raising their drinks, they all cheered making Maya smile. "To Baby Mama and the baby!" Bianca hollered, all of them joining after her.

***

The evening went by just fine. After their drinks they had some snacks and some appetizers. Fortunately, Liam didn't mention Massimo or asked anything about the pregnancy. He simply enjoyed himself, engaged in their conversation here & there, and even went to dance with Bianca on the dance floor.

"We'll drop Bianca." Amanda suggested. "She lives near my house anyway." She was going with her boyfriend Mason in his car.

"I'm still sober so I can drive Maya to her apartment." Liam offered.

"Uh you sure it's no problem?" Maya asked since she didn't want to bother him.

Liam rolled his eyes at her. "Stop being so formal. Of course I have no problem."

"All right then I'll see you guys on Monday." Maya gave her friends a brief hug and waved at Mason. "Bye! Good night."

"Drive carefully huh she's pregnant don't forget." Bianca pointed one finger at Liam while saying. They all chuckled at the way she said that. She was probably wasted.