Chapter Twenty-Nine

𝓥𝓲𝓸𝓵𝓮𝓽

I watched as Dominic finished something on his car. He went to the sink, washing his hands before running a hand through his hair. Quietly, he stretched his hand out and motioned me to come towards him.

I stood near him as he dried off his hands, and then slipped one around my waist, pulling me into him. "I haven't worked on my car in a while," he said, admiring his work. "Been busy with school," he looked at me, "and you. But I don't mind that so much."

My face reddened as he leaned down to kiss my forehead.

"Do you like working on cars?" I asked curiously.

"Mhmm. Been taking cars apart since I was fifteen, though my interest in them started when I was a lot younger." He took my hand as he walked towards his car.

"How about you?" He asked, glancing back at me.

I shook my head, looking down. "... The older ones are nice though."

He smiled, "yeah."

He opened his car door, leaning down inside to grab a few folders full of papers. "Lots of paperwork when it comes to aerospace."

"Oh." He took my hand again as he led me inside. He set the folders down on the dining table, relaxing into one of the chairs, and pulling me in between his legs.

"That might take me a while," he nodded towards the papers.

"Dominic?" I looked back at him.

"Hm?" He tucked the strands of hair behind my ears.

"Why are you wanting to do aerospace engineering?" I asked quietly. I wanted to know him more. Sometimes, I felt as if I hardly knew anything about him. I wanted to change that.

He smiled, "questions, okay, this is different." He looked at me a moment, letting out a breathy laugh. "I always loved planes. The way they're built and how they work. It's a blend of science, math, and engineering. This might be a little nerdy, but I love math."

I smiled. "Is there a lot of math then?"

Dominic grinned, "Oh yeah, lots of math. Calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, you name it. Math is the language of aerospace engineering." He knocked a knuckle against the bridge of my nose. "You know who to come to then if you ever need help."

"Yeah," I looked down and smiled. "It's really cool," I added quietly.

He leaned in and grinned. "Hey, I'm just a guy who loves to work on cars and study math."

I giggled softly, goosebumps spreading over my skin as he started tracing patterns on my back.

"Why the sudden interest?" He asked, his voice deep as he leaned in closer.

I paused for a moment, trying to gather my thoughts. "I don't know, I just feel like there's so much about you that I still don't know."

"Yeah? I could say the same for you." He smiled, still tracing patterns on my back.

My heart raced, conscious of how close he was.

"I guess we have some exploring to do then," he said, lifting my head to look at him.

I took in a deep breath, nervous and slightly scared at the same time. 

"Let's get started on that then, shall we?" Dominic said, a mischievous glint in his eye before closing the gap between us and kissing me.

For a moment, as his lips met mine, all my fears and nerves melted away. He pulled me in closer as he kissed me passionately, almost desperately. But then they came rushing back all at once.

I pulled away, burying my head into his shoulder, trying to regain my breath.

Dominic held me close as I tried to steady myself. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked, concern etched on his face. I nodded, unable to find my voice.

"Don't be scared," he said softly. "We can take things slow, at your own pace."

I looked up at him, grateful. "Thank you," I said softly.

 He kissed the top of my head. "Always."