Chapter Six

𝓥𝓲𝓸𝓵𝓮𝓽

Clara hadn't been talking to me as much since I had returned from Florida. Had I done something? Had something happened?

She spent more time with Mini, learning to bake and cook. I almost felt jealous, and I tried pushing the feeling away, but anytime I saw her with Mini, the same foul feeling returned.

I hadn't known why.

It felt like Clara was slipping farther and farther away from me.

"Violet?" Katie waved a hand in front of me.

I jerked back and I saw Dominic watching me from a distance.

"I'm sorry," I looked down.

Katie shrugged a shoulder, "it's okay. I do it all the time too."

Dominic walked over, moving Katie aside. "When have you ever zoned out, Katie?"

She straightened, "I'm just trying to make her feel better."

He crouched down in front of me, "lying is supposed to help her?"

"When have you ever cared about lying?" Katie crossed her arms over her chest.

"Since Violet," he looked back at Katie, giving her a look I couldn't see. She sighed deeply and then left the room.

He pulled me closer, "are you okay?"

I nodded. "Just thinking about Clara."

"Something happen?" He asked, raising a brow.

I shook my head, pulling away from him, not wishing to speak my anxieties.

He pulled on my hand, bringing me back to him as he stood. "Tell me, Violet."

After a moment, I did.

"She needs time, Love." Referring to my attempt not long ago. "It'll be okay."

I wanted to believe him, but I felt as if it was something much deeper.