'•.¸♡ YEAR 8 ♡¸.•'

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔ 

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧̣̇˳·˖✶ ✦  

-ˋˏ CHAPTER 50 ˎˊ-

↳ ❝ [ IT'S GLORIOUS, DARLING. ] ¡! ❞

  .・゜゜・ OMNISCIENT POV

In the backyard of the Clarke household stood a willow tree. Branches hung low and were only weighing down further with the overused amount of shrubbery. The tree created a sort of curtain, hiding whatever was inside from the outside world. 

Fred had seen this. He Apparated not too long ago and stood in the lawn, thinking over his actions. Should he do this? Now? Or wait until later, when he actually knows what he's doing? Usually, Fred Weasley could call himself a heartthrob. Until it came to [Y/n], then he just became a mess. 

He hadn't changed before arriving. Still wearing his suit that represented the shop. This was more important than changing.

But he was having second thoughts. Maybe he should've changed, make a good impression with the way he dresses. Or quite possibly the suit was the best option to go with. Fred went back and forth with his thoughts. Rattling his brain with nervous temptations. He paced back and forth for a few long moments. 

When he finally got the courage to stop pacing, he halted his thoughts and moved forward with quiet steps. His footfalls just barely heard against the soft grass below, littered with leaves and tiny helicopters that held the seeds of trees. Ready to plant for the next season. 

Pushing aside the heavy brush of the willow tree, Fred took a minute to look around. Astonished and the sight. 

At the top of the willow tree, fireflies had flashed brightly and repeatedly. As if reciprocating a best to a short tune. They weren't shy, either. Flying wherever they pleased. Showing off to the other fireflies that accompanied them. The branches illuminated in the bright lights. Above the fireflies, a sliver of the greenery had shown the pitch night sky. Stars littering the cloudless night. 

Constellations could be seen from this perfect angle. Fred hadn't caught any. And the moon, oh, so perfect, had been gracing the fireflies with a spotlight to dance in. Below all the commotion, between the dancers of fireflies and the stage of the night sky, [Y/n] laid in the grass. Unbothered. 

Her arms crossed beneath her head, using them as a makeshift pillow to rest against. She stretched out in the grass, as it engulfed her figure with its skinny strands. Like the ground was holding her in place. A place of peace and quiet. 

Fred found it rude to intrude, so he took his next steps carefully. Planting one foot and then the other before reaching the girl in the grass. He crouched down beside her, noting her closed eyelids. Closed but not asleep. She breathed slowly, at ease until she opened her eyes. One after the other. 

To her, the outline of his upper body had been shifting from the fireflies. Red hair illuminated to look like a live fire, moving in unplanned directions. Fire gone wild. She smiled at him with no effort, naturally happy that Fred had arrived. Only he could make such a moment as this, better.