'•.¸♡ YEAR 7 ♡¸.•'

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔ 

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧̣̇˳·˖✶ ✦  

-ˋˏ CHAPTER 41 ˎˊ-

↳ ❝ [ MERRY CHRISTMAS, BY THE WAY. ] ¡! ❞

  .・゜゜・[Y/N] POV

''I'll get it!''

Dad, Paps and I were setting up whatever Christmas decorations had been stuffed in the attic all year long. The tree was set in the corner of the small living room, giving barely any walking room. But we liked having a real tree. A faked one seemed to be lacking of the Christmas spirit. 

Famous words from Paps. 

Dad was standing on the stool, trying to string lights up above the window. Paps watched with his arms crossed from the side. Judging how straight the lights had been. Dad groaned before moving it again, Paps only continued to point and comment. 

Just when Dad got the lights to Paps' liking, someone had knocked on the door. We weren't expecting anyone, so it was strange. Usually, it's just us. And barely anyone comes out here. Unless it's someone from the Ministry wanting to report about Paps' behavior with the Muggles or it's friends. 

Family was out of the question.

Reaching the door, I heard a groan from Dad back in the Living Room. Outside, the snow had started to slowly fall again. Flake after flake gently landing on the ground. Covering the lush green grass with a blinding white coat. The porch light stayed on, lighting the little flakes of snow in the fiery red hair that belonged to Fred. 

A scarf was tucked neatly around his neck. A coat hung from his shoulders. His hands hidden behind his back as he looked up at me with an almost guilty look. Or a look of plead. A look that a dog would give its owner after being left outside for such a long time, longing to come back inside. 

''Fred?'' I recited his name with shock. A tone at which he grinned knowingly. ''What are you doing here?''

He shrugged, not removing his hands from behind him. If I hadn't known Fred, I would think we was hiding some sort of weapon behind him. Fred looked back up at me through his lashes, more flakes of white snow falling into his soft locks. 

''Are you gonna invite me inside?''

I was enthralled by the flawless face of Fred glowing under the porch light with the aesthetic of the falling snow that I hadn't even thought about doing so. I would count myself as evil as You-Know-Who for doing such thing. 

Stepping back, I opened the door wider. Allowing Fred to walk into the constantly warming house. ''Yeah, sorry.'' I apologized, closing the door behind him. Snow flowed under the door by the sudden force at which I closed it. And quickly, it melted.