'•.¸♡ YEAR 6 ♡¸.•'

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔ 

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧̣̇˳·˖✶ ✦  

-ˋˏ CHAPTER 23ˎˊ-

↳ ❝ [ YOU KNOW WHAT I MISS? ] ¡! ❞

  .・゜゜・[Y/N] POV

Today had been the day of the Second Task. Clouds fogged the sky, turning it to a dull grey instead of the usual heartwarming blue. The weather seemed to reflect off some of the students, including Harry. 

I walked with him and Neville to the dock, where small boats were awaiting for us. Harry said he stayed up late last night looking for something to get him through this task. He also happened to run into Neville last night, whom was very useful with his knowledge about plants. 

The twins pulled me into a boat by our selves, just us three. I gave Harry a simple wave before being dragged away. 

While the boat sailed across the Black Lake, the twins continued to rock the boat back and forth. I laughed at them. The people in the passing boats didn't seem to share the same amusement as myself when they shouted at the twins after bumping boats. I almost fell in the lake, but thanks to the twins, I had stayed dry the whole way.

Floating on the lake were a few tall buildings, which held students and staff that attended to watch the task for today. George was the first to hop out, stretching his arms over his head once his feet touched the metal floor. Fred offered his hand to help. I happily took it, following their actions of hopping out of the boat. 

The schools had clashed together, Durmstrang, Beauxbatons and Hogwarts students standing amongst one another between the little amount of floating towers they had on the lake. I followed behind the twins, apologizing when I happened to bump into a few people. 

We walked up a few flights of stairs before coming to a stop. Leaning against the railing, we made it just in time to watch the task start. 

''Welcome—'' Dumbledore spoke, his words echoed across the lake. ''—to the second task. Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the Black Lake.''

George snickered from my left. ''Too easy.'' 

''In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface.''

Fred turned to his twin. ''Way too easy.''

''Simple enough, except for this: they will have but one hour to do so, and one hour only. After that, they'll be on their own. No magic will save them.'' 

The twins leaned forward against the railing, growing giddy as the task was about to start. A put a hand on each of their shoulders, keeping them from falling over the edge.