'•.¸♡ YEAR 8 ♡¸.•'

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔ 

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧̣̇˳·˖✶ ✦  

-ˋˏ CHAPTER 45 ˎˊ-

↳ ❝ [ DAD, SHH! ] ¡! ❞

  .・゜゜・[Y/N] POV

Finally. 

My years at Hogwarts are over and I'm at perfect capability to do whatever I want. Anything that's along the laws, of course. Let's not go crazy now. Although, I will admit, my last year at Hogwarts wasn't the best.

Umbridge took over Hogwarts, for one. Only for us to find out that she was taken by Centaurs and was now in rehab in Saint Mongo's, horrified by the sound of hooves. That made a few of us laugh at the thought. Umbridge freaking out, springing up from her bed at the terrifying sound of clip-clops against the polished floors. 

Dumbledore reclaimed his old position as if he hadn't left. I was still peeved, but I didn't need to worry. I was no longer under his teachings. And although I have doubts about him, I'm sure he can teach Harry better than anyone else could. Dumbledore is what makes Hogwarts, Hogwarts. For that, I wouldn't have anyone else in his place. 

Ron had filled me in on a bit of information before my departure over the Black Lake, a memorable movement where the graduating students rode boats across the lake for the last time. Nostalgic about their first day. Some people cried, others stared longingly into the water and others simply enjoyed themselves. 

But while the twins were setting off their fireworks, an ad for their shop, Harry had a vision of sorts. Ron hadn't told me much, only saying that Harry's godfather had died that day. When I asked him how, Ron told me that he couldn't say. That he was forbidden from doing so. I guess I respected him for being able to keep a secret like that.

I felt sympathy for Harry, but wasn't able to talk to him before I got off the train. No doubt I'll see him again soon.

''It's not straight!'' 

''Dad, SHH!''

The back and forth bickering of Dad and Paps had reached the top of the stairs, where I stood. Still dressed in fuzzy pajama pants and an oversized hoodie. The same yellow hoodie I received from Uagadou, hugging it close to my still shivering cold figure. 

Slowly, I tip-toed down the stairs. Trying my best to avoid the creaks of the old wooden and tattered steps. Chilled fingers gently hovered over the railing, assuring myself if I stumbled down. At the bottom, I could see Dad once again standing on the stool. And below, Paps gave him demanding instructions on how to fix it to a straighter position.

It reminded me a lot of Christmas, when Dad wouldn't fix the lights above the curtains. The very lights that still hung there because Dad didn't want to take them down. He felt them to be festive for every occasion and thought they brightened up the room a bit. A nice touch to such a comfortable space.