'•.¸♡ YEAR 6 ♡¸.•'

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔ 

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧̣̇˳·˖✶ ✦  

                    ੈ✧̣̇˳·˖✶   ✦  

-ˋˏ CHAPTER 17 ˎˊ-

↳ ❝ [ NOW THAT'S JUST SAD. ] ¡! ❞

  .・゜゜・[Y/N] POV

''The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Tri-Wizard Tournament since it's inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward.''

Everyone was gathered together for this special announcement. McGonagall was addressing us. The twins were a little peeved, since they had been moved to the other side of the room. Across from where I was currently sitting. So the room was split in two. Boys on one side, girls on the other. 

''And in mean this literally, because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost, a dance.'' 

Well, isn't that swell. It was very obvious who was on the plus side and who wasn't. The guys groaned and the girls had cheered, turning to one another with loudly hushed whispers. I was sitting next to Hermione, who happened to seem quite joyous. Angelina sat behind me, almost squealing.

''The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the Wizarding World for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons.''

Weird word choice, but fun to say. I ended up saying it under my breath. From across the room, the twins leaned towards one another. Their lips moving at fast paces. I could only guess that they were doing the same thing I had. Fred smiled, smacking George's shoulder before leaning against the wall again.

''Now, to dance is to let the body breath.'' McGonagall continued. ''Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers... longing to burst forth and take flight. Inside every boy, a lordly lion ready to prance.''

Ron leaned to whisper something to Seamus, whom of which I was introduced to a while back. They both laughed before McGonagall called out to Ron.

''Mr. Weasley,'' Ron was taken aback, leaning into his chair again. ''Will you join me, please?'' 

He didn't think much of it. Ron stood from his chair and stood in front of McGonagall, hands at his sides. 

McGonagall raised her arms. ''Now, place your right hand on my waist.''

''Where?'' Ron looked horrified. I stifled a laugh behind my hand. 

''My waist.'' Slowly, Ron did as told. The twins seemed to be having the time of their lives with Ron's embarrassment in front of all of Gryffindor. This was surely something they wouldn't forget. ''Mr. Filch, if you please.''

Mr. Filch started the music. Mrs. Norris sat on the music device and wasn't fazed when it started. McGonagall took the lead, slowly moving both her and Ron around in a secluded space. 

McGonagall then shouted out to the room, ''Everybody come together. Boys, on their feet!''

All the girls stood. All at the same time, too. It was a tad creepy, seeing as I was still sitting amongst the standing girls. The boys stayed seated, excluding the twins who were still leaned against the wall. Neville had been the first to stand. The only one to do so. 

  .・゜゜・

''Look at this,'' George outstretched his arms, gesturing around the hallway. We just left the room and it seemed that everyone was sprinting around the school now. ''Everyone has gone crazy.''

We walked past another couple in the hall. The boy holding the girls hands, before whispering some sweet words to her. Her eyes started to get teary, before she jumped up and hugged the boy. Her arms flung around her neck. 

''It hasn't even been five minutes,'' I sighed, a hand to my forehead. George patted my shoulder. ''Where did Fred go, anyway? He ran off as soon as we were dismissed.'' 

''Am I not good enough for you?'' George pouted. ''Ouch, I'm offended.'' 

We walked out into the courtyard. Where mostly everyone has been hanging out. Whether they were Hogwarts or not. 

''We both know how Fred has been,'' I tried explaining to the best of my abilities. ''Usually it's me running off, but with him running off, it's weird.''

He shrugged. ''I'll admit, it is a little weird. He didn't tell me where he was going or what he was doing. The only thing he said was that he meet us later.'' 

''Well, it sounds like he's hiding something. If he didn't tell you about it.'' 

It was a little funny. Harry and Ron made their way out into the Courtyard, trying to ask someone to the dance. The girls were all huddled in groups. When the two tried approaching a few of them, the girls only turned and glared. 

George laughed, seeing the same thing I had just seen. ''Now that's just sad.'' 

''You think he'll find someone?''

''I'd give him till the last second.''

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔ 

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧̣̇˳·˖✶ ✦