'•.¸♡ YEAR 6 ♡¸.•'

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔ 

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧̣̇˳·˖✶ ✦  

-ˋˏ CHAPTER 24 ˎˊ-

↳ ❝ [ YOU'RE ACCUSING HARRY? ] ¡! ❞

  .・゜゜・[Y/N] POV

''This is getting worse.''

I dropped my head in my hands, fingers buried deep into my hair. After the task yesterday, everyone had been on edge. Cedric was placed for first, with Harry taking second place. Turns out, Fleur's little sister had been stuck at the bottom of the lake. Alongside Ron. 

Harry saved them both, seeing as Fleur had been cut out from the task only a few minutes in. And the mermaids didn't seem to show mercy, either. Harry told us about how the mermaids had been apart of the task, keeping the people chained under the water until their rescuer came. 

I could only imagine what would've happened if Harry hadn't saved Fleur's sister. 

''Okay, I admit.'' Fred stood, raising his hands. ''It's not the best, but it'll get better.'' I raised my head to look at him. My expression showed anything and everything besides hope that this would all do upwards again. Fred caught on, dropping his hands from his hips. ''It usually does, right?'' 

George laid across the couch with his arms crossed against his chest. His head rested against the armrest and his legs draped across my lap. He had been staring at the ceiling for a while now. It was unlike him to stay quiet for long. Unless they were sneaking around, of course. 

''But that wasn't even the worst part.'' I furiously whispered, involuntarily shivering when I remembered such words. Hermione didn't spare a detail and Ron was right along with her to add to the moment. Not a good moment, either. 

After the task, everyone went back to the school. I was walking alongside Fred and George, per usual. The trio had gone off their own way towards Hagrid's hut. It didn't seem to last as long as it usually did, since Hermione and Ron came sprinting back into the Common Room. Panting, sweating and curled over. Mainly Ron.

They didn't have Harry with them, either. Which made me think that they left him with Hagrid or he decided to go off somewhere else. He's been doing that a lot, recently. Walking off without any explanation where or why. 

George shifted his legs, curling himself closer to the cushions of the couch. ''It does seem rather ominous.''

That's the first he's spoken for a while. Since Hermione and Ron ran in with the news. I'm guessing he was still stuck on the subject, imagining such a terrible thing. Or thinking of why someone would take it far enough to commit such crime with some of the best Wizards just a few feet away. 

''Ominous?'' I turned to George with furrowed brows. ''Yeah, it seemed rather 'ominous' when Hermione and Ron came running in. Heck, it's seemed 'ominous' when they announced this damned thing!''