'•.¸♡ 𝑃𝑅𝑂𝐿𝑂𝐺𝑈𝐸 ♡¸.•'

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔ 

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧̣̇˳·˖✶ ✦  

-ˋˏ PROLOGUE ˎˊ-

↳ ❝ [ LIKEWISE, CLARKE. ] ¡! ❞

  .・゜゜・THIRD POV

''Do you really have to go?''

''Yes, I do.''

A whine followed in response, coming from Fred Weasley. He kicked at the concrete below him, scuffing his shoes in the process. 

''But I promise,'' She spun around, her suitcase forgotten on the floor. ''I will write to you every single day.''

''And you'll keep that promise, yeah?'' Fred quired, raising a brow at his lifelong friend. 

She punched his shoulder, giving him a jokingly offended gasp. ''You dare doubt me, Weasley.''

His laugh was short lived. Fred glanced to the clock, the time ticked faster. His time was limited. He always hated being rushed, especially now. 

''What are you moving there for anyway?''

[Y/n] faced her ginger-haired friend, taking the strap of her suitcase in her palm. She held it tight, her knuckles turning a ghostly white. 

''You know, my mom...'' 

She didn't have to explain further, Fred understood with a simple nod.

''Where is it again? Antarctica?''

She laughed, a hand covering her mouth to sound more muffled. Fred picked up her other suitcase, wanting to seem gentlemanly. 

''Not even close. It's Africa, a beautiful place, really.'' 

Fred shrugged with a hum, ''Hogwarts is better.''

''You wouldn't know, you've never been to Africa.''

''Exactly my point.''

Her mouth fell open, before closing. Fred stood at a point and she couldn't say anything in retort. With banters like these, Fred was always the one to win. 

The more they walked the more she thought. She'd miss this, the constant attention with him. The banters, silly gestures and numerous amount of prank ideas. Those mainly consisted of Ron being the victim. She played along every now and then.

Fred's voice had brought her back to the present. Dropping the suitcase carefully down onto the floor. ''Here we are, you're train awaits.'' He gave a dramatic bow, holding out his hand for the dear lady. 

Her laugh was quiet and bubbly, as she took his hand. He kissed the top of it, something that he had grown quite accustomed to do. He preferred it as rather a greeting or a good-bye of sorts. And in this case, it just so happened to be the latter. 

The train whistle blew. Fred stood to his feet. 

[Y/n] bit her lip, the train was due to depart soon. Next to her, a saddened Fred Weasley.

''How about this,'' She spoke with intent, spinning on her heel to face him. ''In four years, we'll meet right back here. At this exact time.'' She glanced at the clock behind Fred, the one which hung above the two of them. ''Exactly 12.'' 

Fred smiled. He watched as his friend grabbed their luggage and hopped onto the train. Her hand clutching the railing of the caboose. The two of them, sharing one last moment.

The train whistle blew again. Final warning. 

''There's only one problem.'' Fred called out.

''Oh yeah?'' She sang in response, leaning her crossed arms against the top of the railing. ''And what's that?''

''Four years is too long.'' He complained, hands stuffed in his pockets. 

''How about three?''

''How 'bout two?'' 

She found herself nodding with a bright smile. It always was when Fred was involved. 

''Sounds perfect.''

Fred thought so, too. Now, he wouldn't have to wait so long to see her again. Admitting to himself, he already missed her and the train hasn't even left the station yet. 

She sighed, her shoulders slumping. ''See you in two years, Fred Weasley.''

The train jolted, before slowly trucking forward. 

''Likewise, Clarke.''

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔ 

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧̣̇˳·˖✶ ✦