'•.¸♡ YEAR 8 ♡¸.•'

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔ 

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧̣̇˳·˖✶ ✦  

-ˋˏ CHAPTER 46 ˎˊ-

↳ ❝ [ IS THAT FRENCH TOAST? ] ¡! ❞

  .・゜゜・[Y/N] POV

''Adé?''

The boy in question smiled in return. His arms outstretched comically. ''The one and only!'' 

I wasted no time in lunging forward, my arms thrown around the boy. He reciprocated, arms instantly going around my torso to hold my weight against him. The rumbling echo of his chest gave the impression that he was laughing. 

Pulling away from one another, I held him at arms length. ''What are you doing here?''

''Well, I found that pretty obvious.'' Adé noted, jumping on his toes. He wore casual clothes, some of which I rarely seen him in during my time at Uagadou. ''In my letter, I said I would come to visit. I made it my goal to fulfill that wish.'' He smiled with a curt nod. The thick accent dripped from his tongue with every word.

I had remembered his letter. The one that wished me a good life and a promise. One that showed he would visit soon. But a heads up would've been nice, at least. I didn't tell him that. His smile was too innocent to try and ruin with a simple comment of knowing beforehand. 

Reciprocating his overjoyed smile, I opened the door a little wider. ''Come in, come in! I'm sure everyone will love to meet you over breakfast.''

Adé stepped inside the house, instantly taking it all in. His eyes wandered around the walls, searching for any baby pictures of me on the wall. There's a short few, but not enough to take up the whole hallway. A small table positioned under one of the photos, holding up candles and keys against it's will.

The aroma of freshly baked bread had gotten his attention. His head perking up like a dog having heard it's own name. When he turned to smile at my still fazed figure, I swear he had almost blinded me with the way the sun glinted off his flawlessly straight and cleaned teeth. 

''Is that French toast?'' He sounded the same he looks. Again, like an excited puppy. One that's just been adopted and invited into a new home permanently. 

I was about to answer, mouth agape to do so. Dad peeked his head around the corner in the kitchen, addressing my disappearance. ''[Y/n], who was at the door?'' He soon got an answer as he stated wide-eyed at the newcomer standing, looming, towering over his daughter. ''Who's that?''

They both looked to me with expecting looks. Almost begging me to introduce them.

''Oh!'' I stopped forward, standing close to Adé. ''Dad, this is my friend. Adéwalé. Adé, this is my dad, Scott.''