'•.¸♡ YEAR 6 ♡¸.•'

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔ 

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧̣̇˳·˖✶ ✦  

-ˋˏ CHAPTER 26 ˎˊ-

↳ ❝ [ I TOLD YOU SO. ] ¡! ❞

  .・゜゜・[Y/N] POV

The band played loudly from the stands beside us. Trumpets, trombones, tubas. Basically almost any instrument that was loud and started with a 'T'. My ears were ringing because of it, but it helped to hide my fast-paced heartbeats. Which was more nervous than excited. 

Everyone sat down. Dumbledore stood up to the podium to speak.

''Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact position.'' The Headmaster turned, arm outstretched to the champions that stood behind him. Two from Hogwarts. One from Beauxbatons. One from Durmstrang. All standing and looking strong as ever. ''Now, as Mr. Diggory...''

Cheers erupted through the stands from Hogwarts. Mainly from Hufflepuff, seeing as their finally being recognized. Gryffindor and Slytherin have always been out front, keeping Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw to their own in the back. Maybe it was biased between the Professors, but I hadn't thought much of it. 

Cedric's father had been overjoyed. So happy for his son that he came to watch the last task in- person. Given why he's standing beside Cedric, whispering encouraging words to his son. He seemed proud and that's all Cedric wanted. 

''...and Mr. Potter are tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum and Miss Delacour.''

More cheers erupted. The Beauxbatons seemed to be getting the hang of the sport, seeing as they had became more lively since the first task. Instead of soft and sophisticated claps like they usually gave, they had started shouting a few words of encouragement to Fleur. Seems Hogwarts really can change people. 

Dumbledore continued. ''The first person to touch the cup will be the winner! I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdrawal from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands.''

Fred nudged his shoulder into my side, gesturing his head to the podium. ''See? I told you he has this thought out.'' 

I signed. He was right, Dumbledore seemed to have everything under control for now. But when they enter the maze, they're completely on their own. Unbeknownst to what dangers lurk behind those walls of vines and leaves. 

''Yeah,'' I nodded. ''I guess you did.''

The Headmaster turned to talk to the Champions in hushed whispers. Probably something about the task. I was growing giddy, bouncing my leg constantly against the wood flooring of the rafters we sat on. Hermione and Ron sat in front of the twins and I. We took the higher seats, of course.