'•.¸♡ YEAR 6 ♡¸.•'

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔ 

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧̣̇˳·˖✶ ✦  

-ˋˏ CHAPTER 7 ˎˊ-

↳ ❝ [ THE CHAMPION SELECTION. ] ¡! ❞

  .・゜゜・[Y/N] POV

Everyone was gathered in the Great Hall. Today, people would be chosen to compete in the Tri-Wizard Tournament. One person from each of the schools.

Per usual, the twins sat themselves on either side of me. I didn't complain.

I've only read about this event in the history books. Definitely an event to remember. People have died and been seriously injured. And I didn't say anything, but I was glad the twins weren't able to join. Even with their enthusiasm, I still worried for their safety. 

Though it seemed they thought otherwise. They thought about the prize and the riches. Eternal glory as Ron had put it. Honestly, it did sound a tad tempting. But my mind quickly changed when I thought back to the man who got devoured by plants. 

Never had I been more scared of Herbology. Ever. 

A shiver ran down my spine as Dumbledore sauntered around the Goblet. The room turned dark. Lamps lit themselves from the walls, an icy blue fire erupting from them in a calm manner. From beside me, I could feel Fred jumping with joy. He was completely over the moon about this.

''Now the moment you've all been waiting for.'' Dumbledore announced. Everyone on the edge of their seats. ''The champion selection.''

The twins shared a look from over my head. I smiled at them, before turning back to the Goblet. From the blue fire, a shred of parchment flew down to the ground. Dumbledore caught it flawlessly. I was a bit impressed.

''The Durmstrang champion...'' The Headmaster edged. He flipped the parchment a few times, searching for the name. ''...is Viktor Krum!'' 

Cheers erupted from around the room. Mainly from the Durmstrang. It was expected. Viktor Krum was a valued student of Durmstrang, not to mention, he seemed to be training for this exact moment for a while. I'd be surprised if he wasn't the one who got chosen. 

Dumbledore continued, ''The champion for Beauxbatons...'' Another parchment spewed from the Goblet. ''...is Fleur Delacour.'' 

The Beauxbatons cheered with an applaud. A few words of congrats and encouragement, too. They weren't as loud as Durmstrang or Hogwarts. They kept up their elegance, no matter where they were. I respected them for that. 

Another parchment shot out of the Goblet. Now was the time for the Hogwarts champion. The paper flew down, almost as if it was in slow-motion. It was agonizing to watch. 

My arm grew with a tightening pain. I looked over to find Fred grasping onto my arm. His fingers dug into my skin, but not breaking it. The skin under his fingers started to turn a shade of red.