'•.¸♡ YEAR 7 ♡¸.•'

Start from the beginning

''What is that?'' I questioned out loud, peering around Ron. Hermione looked up, caught by my sudden pondering thought. Ron did, too. Pausing mid-bite into his food. ''Is that a study guide? Ron Weasley, are you actually trying to learn?''

Slowly, Ron folded the small guide and set it on the bench next to him. Hiding it from my sight. ''No.'' Was his answer. He chewed whatever was left off his fork and continued. ''It was a uh.. uhm.. paper article.'' 

''It was, was it?'' Ron nodded. ''What was the article about, then?'' 

Hermione watched with an amused expression. Her head tilted down to where her curled brunette locks fell to one side. A smile etched at the corners of her mouth. 

''Food.'' Ron replied. His tense posture didn't even allow him to continue to eat. His fork now settled against his plate. A plate that wasn't even halfway empty. 

''So, let me get this straight..'' I took a second before continuing. ''You're reading a paper article about food? While your eating the food they're talking about?''

His head lolled from one side to the other before giving a firm nod. 

I pat his shoulder with a laugh. ''You know, I think you could make a good cook.''

Ron turned back down with a smile, continuing on with his rather large plate stuffed with food. Usual Ron behavior. Then Hermione turned, as did I. Harry had stood to the side with his arms down. His hand seemed to be healing. Mine wasn't. Not as quickly as I'd like it to, anyway.

Harry fumbled a bit. ''Can I join you?''

I hadn't known why he asked. Hermione and Ron did. About to ask Ron what had happened, we all stopped and turned towards the doors of the Great Hall.

''Pardon me, professor,'' Echoed against the stone. Everyone filed outside, eager to watch. McGonagall and Umbridge were standing within inches of one another. Both with the intent to argue. ''But what exactly are you insinuating?''

''I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices.''

McGonagall took a step higher than Umbridge on the stairs. 

Umbridge took another step up and continued. ''So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questioning my own authority in my classroom, Minerva.'' 

''Not at all, Dolores.'' McGonagall took a step higher. ''Simply your medieval methods.''

 Seems Harry's plan to keep the punishments on the down low hadn't lasted very long. It made me wonder who else knew about it. Did Dumbledore know? If so, how come he hadn't done anything? He's supposed to be the one running this school, not Umbridge. 

''I am sorry, dear.'' Umbridge took another step higher. Declaring her authority. ''But to question my practices is to question the Ministry and by extension, the Minister himself.'' There was a short pause. ''I am a tolerant woman but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty.''

McGonagall stumbled back, her feet hitting the step below. ''Disloyalty.'' She repeated. Umbridge had won this round. 

Umbridge turned to the crowd they had aroused. ''Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action.''

With her signature giggle, she raised to her toes and left up the stairs. McGonagall turned to us. A defeated look on her face. With a sigh, she spoke. 

''You are all dismissed.'' 

The crowd started to disperse and I was the first to reach Harry.

''Seems as if your plan didn't work, huh?'' He didn't respond, though he heard me. His hands fisted at his sides, hitting them against his thighs. ''Harry,'' I grabbed his shoulder, turning him to me and stopping his walk. He complied. ''I don't mean to pressure you, but it seems as if your the only one who can do something about it.''

''What about Ron?''

''He's loyal to you.''

''Hermione?''

''She follows you.'' I shrugged my hands off his shoulders. ''I don't want the Ministry in Hogwarts. And I doubt you do, too. You'll figure something out.''

I left Harry in the hallway. Standing there as people brushed past him. I went off to search for the twins. If the Military was invading on more of Hogwarts property, I'd have to watch them carefully. 

''What happened?'' George bumped against my shoulder. 

Fred bumped against my other one. ''Something about the Ministry?''

With a sigh, I lifted my hand to my forehead. Rubbing gently across my temples. ''Umbridge is taking further precautions. No doubt, telling the Minister about all that's wrong here. I'd prepare yourselves.''

''Damn.'' Fred commented, downturned. ''In all our years, this has got to be the worst. She's tearing apart our school, and we're not doing anything about it!'' 

''Fred, we can't.'' 

George laughed, getting the point of his brothers argument. ''Well, of course we can. At least hold 'em off a little longer.'' 

The twins shared a look and I slowly came to the realization. It seemed like a good idea at first. Until we had seen how shitty the next few days have gotten.

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔ 

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ੈ✧̣̇˳·˖✶ ✦