87. *Explanation*

Start from the beginning

Finally, when he reached the location, he saw a house? He was surprised to see a normal looking house because he had been expecting to see some abandoned building/warehouse. But it looked like any other normal place, at least from the outside. 'Maybe it's just a facade so that nobody doubts.' Massimo thought.

He couldn't see a single man guarding the house, which he found weird. Still not to take any risk, Massimo motioned for his men to stay on guard. He ordered them to follow behind him discreetly. As he reached the gate, he found it locked from the inside, so with the help of his gun he broke the lock. It made a sound but at that point Massimo didn't care, he just wanted to go inside, bring Maya out and see that she was safe & fine.

"I'm going inside now. You take some men and see if there's any back door." Massimo ordered Enzo who gave him a nod and did as he was told.

On entering, Massimo was on high alert as he swept his eyes everywhere, looking for anything out of ordinary. He found it even more weird on seeing the inside of the house being equally normal. Still he didn't let his guard down. 'There could be a basement.' He reasoned with himself.

Slight movement on his right, made him to immediately turn in that direction and shoot whatever it was. But it was just a curtain.

"Diffusione!" Massimo ordered his men with a flick of his hand.
(Spread)

Within a second, all of them scattered in different directions of the house. Massimo himself started to further inspect the house. He reached at the end of the hallway and found a door that looked like to be a bedroom door. Something in him told him, he had to go in there and check. And so he did.

***

Before Viktor could go outside, the door to the room abruptly got opened. He was quick to aim his gun at whoever it was. On seeing a gun being aimed at himself, Massimo was quick to do the same. But then a gunshot sounded, making Maya's eyes widened.

"No!" She was quick to reach his side. Her eyes were wide with fear and a gasp escaped past her lips on seeing blood, but fortunately it was coming out of his arm as the bullet didn't completely hit him and only grazed past his shoulder.

"Maya no! Get away from him." Sophia cried out on seeing her daughter standing near him.

Massimo didn't even care about the bullet or the blood that was coming out of his arm. His eyes were fixed on Maya. He felt like as if something had been lifted off his heart on seeing Maya all fine, standing by his side.

"Maya what are you doing? Go back to your mom." Viktor couldn't understand why she would deliberately run to his side.

On hearing the word "mom", Massimo looked up at the woman who had been looking at him frantically. She looked to be in her late 40s, and if he wasn't wrong she actually had similar facial features like Maya. 'Is she really her mom?'

"Oh god you're bleeding. We need to treat it or you'll get septic." His attention was back on Maya who was now looking at his wound with worried eyes.

His eyes immediately got softened on seeing worry in her eyes for him. "It's alright amore. The bullet didn't completely hit me." He couldn't help himself anymore from touching her as he gently cupped her face, making her to look up at him. "I'm fine."