The carriage will be waiting at 7pm sharp in front of Hogwarts, courtesy of the Gaunt family. They're rather hopeful as we are that you will accept their proposal tonight. He's blind, but he's a Pureblood descended from the great Salazar Slytherin himself.

The marriage will be fortuitous for all parties even if you're dealing with damaged goods.

Don't be late,

Votre Pére et votre Mére

She felt lightheaded and nauseous. Séraphine knew this was coming. She had hoped she could have deterred them until her 18th birthday and then she'd be free. However, her parents likely knew of her plan and wanted to keep the little rose trapped in the garden.

"I won't be late. Thank you, Headmaster Black." She heard the words leave her mouth and politely excused herself.

Séraphine descended down the stairs in a haze. Her and Ominis were very close in a different way than Sebastian and him. They shared the understanding of an insufferable family, wanting to help the Sallows, and being there for each other when times were hard. She would defend him to the end; he was the elder brother she loved dearly. And it was comforting to know that he cared about her a lot, but she knew it was familial in nature. They'd had this conversation before when the topic of his family wanting him to marry her first came up a few weeks ago.

While it should have been awkward, Ominis was very straight forward with her. He enjoyed her company a lot and thought that she had an endearing, witty personality...But he didn't want to have a wife nor kids. He wanted the Gaunt line to end with him. He had declared that he was going to be the very best Uncle when Sebastian stopped being more blind than he was.

Séraphine had laughed, but also tried to convince him otherwise; that he was attractive and charming, and should think about settling down if he so desired irrespective of his family. Unfortunately, it was something he was fixed about.

Ominis knew that Marvolo would continue the Gaunt line for another generation, but he'd have no part in it.

"Séra!"

Two voices shouted her name and she almost tripped until Sebastian grabbed her arm, steadying her.

"The fires lit, but the cauldron's empty. We'd been calling your name down two corridors now." Ominis joked, coming alongside them. "Why did Black need to see you?"

Séraphine pressed her lips together, avoiding Sebastian's gaze. The letter was crushed as her hand formed a fist. "Are you going tonight?"

"To your family's party?" He shrugged nonchalantly, "A letter arrived, but I've yet to open it."

She huffed, "Open it. Now."

Ominis frowned, "What's got your wand in a knot?"

He reached into his robe pocket, retrieving the letter. Sebastian, ever being the nosy one, tried to read above his shoulder, but Ominis turned away from him.

By the time he finished running his fingers over the raised bumps and lettering, he was swearing, "You've got to be joking. They're not serious?"

"What happened?" Sebastian interjected irritated, the anxiety in his voice underlining his tone. "What's the harm in going to a party?"

"It's not just any sort of party..." Ominis began, worry apparent in his expression. "Séra, I can try and delay it-"

She shook her head, her voice sharp. "Don't. We both know how well it went for me last time, I don't want you to share the same fate." To Sebastian, she finally met his eyes and now worry grew on his face as he spotted the corners of her eyes welling with unshed tears. "Tonight I will pick a husband and be forced to marry someone in the near future. Ominis, it appears, is a leading candidate."