44: What Comes Through Hardships

Yan Ji can learn all the content taught by the master just by listening to it from the sidelines, while his cousin, who is also his nominal young master, is so stupid that he can't remember the knowledge even if he scratches his head.

The aunt in charge of the family was jealous, so she no longer asked Yan Ji to be a book boy for her cousin.

Yan Ji's uncle had always known about his wife's torture of his sister and her children, but he had never said anything, but this time he spoke, asking Yan Ji to go back to school.

He knew that his son was stupid, and if the Yan family wanted to continue their glory, they had to rely on the efforts of the next generation. Yan Ji is a good choice. He is smart and has no background. He only needs to give Yan Ji some small favors in exchange for Yan Ji to repay the Yan family.

Soon, Yan Ji became known as a child prodigy, and his aunt's son became a real idiot in contrast. The aunt was displeased, and since then he has let his son bring other boys of the same age with him in the school. Bully Yan Ji.

At that time, Yan Ji was only four or five years old, and he was as thin as a bean sprouts plant, which would fall if the wind blows. His textbooks were filled with graffiti left by other students all the year round, and his pen was broken in half. It was bad luck. Sometimes, he would be punched and kicked in the corner by his aunt's son.

Yan Ji was thin and dependent on others, so she didn't dare to resist at all, she could only bear it silently, and didn't dare to tell her mother about these things.

At a young age, he already knew to report good news and not bad news.

The days passed so slowly and painfully, Yan Ji also learned to be smart, and every time after school, she was the first to run outside to avoid being stopped and bullied.

When Yan Ji was ten years old, he was selected as a scholar in the first examination, and he was still the first among many scholars.

As for his stupid cousin, he is naturally famous.

After becoming a scholar, my aunt's overt and secret insults have decreased a lot, and she even took the initiative to hand over a few taels of silver to Yan Ji, asking him to take the money to see a doctor for his mother.

Other branch elders also posted up. They thought that Yan Ji was talented in reading and would be promising in the future, so they came to congratulate and give gifts one after another.

Yan Ji received her very graciously, and then hurriedly invited a doctor to see her mother.

But...it was too late.

Miss Yan has been depressed since the death of the poor scholar, and she has been relying on Yan Ji for six years, but now she has no cure.

In the few days before Ms. Yan's death, Yan Ji seemed to have a feeling that she didn't even go to school, and only stayed with her mother who was weak every day.

On a rainy night, Ms. Yan died silently, so peacefully that even Yan Ji, who was sleeping beside her bed, didn't notice.

When Yan Ji woke up again, what she saw was her mother's cold body.

His mother left a note for him, telling him to study hard and move out of Yan Mansion as soon as possible.

For so many years, Yan Ji is her own child, so she doesn't know that Yan Ji is bullied in the house, but she has no way to maintain Yan Ji's studies, and the price of books and school fees are high.

There is another way, that is to stop Yan Ji from studying... But Miss Yan knows how smart her child is, and she wants to give him the best future.

The current one is already the best possibility she has calculated for Yan Ji.