03: Discovering New Ingredients

Xiao Guyu got up to the sound of the pattering rain. As soon as he opened the straw curtain, he saw tiny raindrops rolling off the raincoat with his movements.

The light rain fell intermittently all night, and there was no sign of stopping in the morning.

The deflated stomach gurgled a few times, and Xiao Guyu rubbed her belly and ate some leftovers from yesterday-that is, raspberries.

After eating raspberries for two days in a row, Xiaoguyu's stomach couldn't take it anymore, and he protested.

Xiaoguyu hugged her little belly, drooped her eyebrows and eyelids, and looked at the rain outside the straw house pitifully, waiting for the rain to stop.

I don't know how long it took, the rain stopped slowly, and the sun quietly dispersed the dark clouds, and sprinkled golden sunlight on the earth.

Seeing this, Xiao Guyu's eyes lit up and hurried out of the straw house.

He first checked the condition of the raincoat, then carefully lifted the raincoat in such a way as not to drip water on the straw house, and hung it on the branch of a camphor tree within his reach to dry.

Then he turned and walked up the mountain.

His task today is to find some food other than raspberries, and the remaining raspberries should not last a few meals.

Especially last night, it rained all night, and the rain is very likely to smash some raspberries.

When Xiaoguyu passed by the raspberry field, he subconsciously took a look inside. Sure enough, the raspberry field that was still full of fruit a few days ago is now a piece of green, with only occasional light red.

Although he knew the result, Xiao Guyu still sighed.

Without the raspberries, he had to find other food today or starve. Xiao Guyu clenched his little fleshy hands tightly, his round eyes were full of firmness.

The mountain road became muddy after being wet by the rain. Xiao Guyu finally gave up wearing shoes after his shoes got stuck in the mud several times.

He took off his shoes and socks, held them in his hands, and Bai Shengsheng's little feet stepped into the muddy water. The soles of Xiaoguyu's feet were quickly wrinkled, and he moved his toes uncomfortably.

Walking along the raspberry field for about four or five minutes, Xiaoguyu passed through a grape grove that had not been taken care of for a long time. The grapes were sparsely grown and the size was very uneven. There was no net outside to prevent birds and beasts come to eat.

Xiaoguyu picked a small grape that looked purple and black, just peeled the skin and stuffed it into his mouth, before spitting it out the next second.

"It's so sour!" His fair and tender face was wrinkled into a ball.

Xiaoguyu swallowed several times to dispel the sourness.

It seems that he is temporarily incapable of taking this grape as his staple food.

But at the end of the grape grove, there is a small stream, which is sparkling under the sunlight at the moment.

It would be nice to catch fish in the creek...

Xiao Guyu was taken by other older children to touch fish in the creek several times in the previous village, but because he was not tall enough, he was only allowed to soak his feet on the shore or something.

And those children who are taller and more flexible will get into the creek to fish, and they can touch a basket of fish in an afternoon.

Xiaoguyu is well-behaved and obedient, and is very popular with older children. They often give Xiaoguyu some of their trophies to take home.